Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2012, 12:52 PM

2 posts, read 87,099 times

Advertisements

I am a woman and have been with my boyfriend going on 3 years now. We live together, have for a long time, and he has two kids who we have half the time. He is significantly older than me, which never really bothered me as he is very mature. He is a great guy. He is loving, affectionate, and treats me right. My problem is that for a while now I have been feeling almost a complete loss of affection. I don't find myself wanting to kiss him, hug him, or really even have sex much. I don't feel interested in him much and most of the time I don't even like to talk to him about certain things. He has noticed too. He has asked why Im not into him much anymore and why Im not affectionate. I don't think it is that I don't like him or love him. Because of I love him so much! I don't want to end the relationship at all...after all we are planning on being married soon. Does anyone know? Is what Im feeling a relationship crusher or am I just in a stage? Maybe there are some things I can do help myself want to be romantic and affectionate again like I used to be?

Old 01-25-2012, 12:59 PM

2,152 posts, read 3,401,770 times
uhh if u have no feelings for him why would u get married? sounds like u'd ultimately get divorced after

Old 01-25-2012, 02:35 PM

1,871 posts, read 4,270,217 times
This sounds similar to what has happened here: https://www.city-data.com/forum/relat...attracted.html

Are you still attracted to other guys sexually? I'm thinking if you aren't attracted to *anyone* then it may be a medical issue of some kind. However, if you are attracted to other men but just not your boyfriend that is obviously a larger problem. Have you become bored? Is there something he could do for you that would bring the excitement back a little?

I think its normal for attraction to fall off a little in a long term relationship--but it shouldn't evaporate completely.

Old 01-25-2012, 02:51 PM

11,813 posts, read 12,055,673 times
Are you having any health issues? Stress-related issues, i.e. work or stepkids or family?

This is a concern because love isn't enough. If you're feeling this way before you're even married, you need to explore and find the root cause of why you're feeling the way you feel because it will not get better, only worse.

Old 01-25-2012, 03:22 PM

2 posts, read 87,099 times
Default Thanks!

barkomatic....thanks for the response. Well my boyfriend is definitely an attractive man in my opinion. And yes I find other men attractive...not in a tempting way, just in general as I do like men LOL. Im wondering what kinds of medical issues would cause this lack in sensual/sexual emotions and distance I am feeling. Also, I would imagine maybe he could do something that would help excite things for me a little more. Im not sure though. Do you have any suggestions/ideas? And I don't mean just in the bedroom. I will also look into some ideas for this too. I believe stress definitely could be a factor for many various reasons. Also, we are both working out and getting back into shape (not that we are obese) just to be healthier. But I imagine this could cause some cloudy moods on my part without me even realizing it. I always hear about people losing the "spark" they had in the beginning of the relationship or wanting this to be like "the good old days" LOL. Well Im going to come up with some things that maybe I could try to help.

Old 01-25-2012, 04:27 PM

22,365 posts, read 29,491,867 times
You could be low on testosterone. Go see a dr, tell them whats going on and get bloodwork done. Usually some pills/creams can be prescribed and it will take care of the problem. GL

Old 01-25-2012, 04:39 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,090,252 times
Low thyroid function and depression can cause both of those issues. I've had post-partum depression in the past and have Hashimoto's (hypothyroid) now. Without treatment both issues made me feel completely disconnected from my partner and unmotivated for any kind of affection. There was a stage where I could care less if we ever touched eachother or had sex again...it did nothing for me.

Hormonal birth control can cause these issues too. Have you recently started new BC or switched methods? I was on the Nuva Ring and that KILLED my sex drive and desire.

Old 01-25-2012, 05:23 PM

3,665 posts, read 8,672,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Safari32 View Post
I am a woman and have been with my boyfriend going on 3 years now. We live together, have for a long time, and he has two kids who we have half the time. He is significantly older than me, which never really bothered me as he is very mature. He is a great guy. He is loving, affectionate, and treats me right. My problem is that for a while now I have been feeling almost a complete loss of affection. I don't find myself wanting to kiss him, hug him, or really even have sex much. I don't feel interested in him much and most of the time I don't even like to talk to him about certain things. He has noticed too. He has asked why Im not into him much anymore and why Im not affectionate. I don't think it is that I don't like him or love him. Because of I love him so much! I don't want to end the relationship at all...after all we are planning on being married soon. Does anyone know? Is what Im feeling a relationship crusher or am I just in a stage? Maybe there are some things I can do help myself want to be romantic and affectionate again like I used to be?
I feel this way towards my husband, at leat 75% of the time.

Old 01-25-2012, 05:24 PM

3,665 posts, read 8,672,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
You could be low on testosterone. Go see a dr, tell them whats going on and get bloodwork done. Usually some pills/creams can be prescribed and it will take care of the problem. GL
Be careful with this, it can raise your cholesterol.

Old 01-25-2012, 05:42 PM

527 posts, read 1,233,571 times
Definitely get your testosterone level checked out. Also check with your doctor on any medication you are taking that may have a certain side effect.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships