Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2012, 07:03 AM

1 posts, read 9,357 times

Advertisements

- to be reposted

Last edited by stillfitin; 01-09-2012 at 07:49 AM.. Reason: personal detail
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2012, 07:18 AM

27 posts, read 64,180 times
I recently went thru something similiar, but instead of having a boyfriend she left and I know Ill never see her again. She was all I thought about and still do occasionally , everywhere in my dreams, thoughts , every breath. Over time it dulled - very painful experience. I know not exactly like your situation , pain, suffering, and longing is part of life I reckon.

Old 01-09-2012, 07:20 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,712,043 times
Next time she approaches you on the other side of the office corridor, take a left turn to the men's room, masturbate, that will normalize the brains and then you can get out and tell her the weather is nice

Otherwise, have some basic concern for the brother who is in a relationship with her. Basic brotherhood code, thou shalt not poach thy brother's woman.

Old 01-09-2012, 07:32 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,712,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillfitin View Post
Ok - maybe not the part about the mens room..lol but I do see your point.. A big part of the attraction is sexual... and yes.. i do abide by the brotherhood code .. thats why i say I cant get her. she is taken..
Think of it this way. You have the hottest wife in the world with a hour glass figure and DD boobs, long hair and extremely easy on the eyes. Like you have a heart attack over and over.

Now what if another guy tries to seduce her and take her away from you or even get her into his bed? Won't you feel like beheading him - hang, draw and quarter - Fat Henry VIII style

Old 01-09-2012, 07:32 AM

1,429 posts, read 2,297,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
Next time she approaches you on the other side of the office corridor, take a left turn to the men's room, masturbate, that will normalize the brains and then you can get out and tell her the weather is nice

Otherwise, have some basic concern for the brother who is in a relationship with her. Basic brotherhood code, thou shalt not poach thy brother's woman.
+Rep for honesty that makes sense!

Whatever works right? If more men would do that before speaking to a woman they find attractive it would make the world a better place!

Old 01-09-2012, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
Think of it this way. You have the hottest wife in the world with a hour glass figure and DD boobs, long hair and extremely easy on the eyes. Like you have a heart attack over and over.

Now what if another guy tries to seduce her and take her away from you or even get her into his bed? Won't you feel like beheading him - hang, draw and quarter - Fat Henry VIII style
He may feel like it but he won't unless he wants to go to jail.

Also I take it that this lady you want isn't married to said other man?

If so then nothing is set in stone and you could be saving her from wasting her time with a man that isn't right for her if you really love her.

If that is the case go and get her.

If not then honor the code and mind your own business. I think this is a pretty clear cut case of either needing to respect boundaries or establishing yourself as the more dominant man over women you feel are attractive and in your league.

Old 01-09-2012, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Yeah - I hear you. The issue isnt me trying to steal her. That was never my intention. I didn't try anything which could be taken that way. I always knew the boundaries. I just fell in love in my own mind.. this issue is my heartbreak...
If your issue is heartbreak remember that this is one sided heartbreak which is not logical.

Go out and spend some time on yourself and don't dwell on something that never was to begin with.

Old 01-09-2012, 07:46 AM

Quote:
I guess there is that small part of me which says... I hope they break up one day!
Hope is not a plan.

What are you going to do about it?

Old 01-09-2012, 08:06 AM

9,394 posts, read 15,688,898 times
I hate to be blunt but I think it's best to just get over it. There are plenty of women.

Old 01-09-2012, 08:18 AM

7,032 posts, read 14,477,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
I hate to be blunt but I think it's best to just get over it. There are plenty of women.
Agreed..

Also, as a very last resort, visit a strip club!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships