Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2011, 03:24 PM

2,046 posts, read 5,588,918 times

Advertisements

Does your spouse have a quirk that annoys you and how do you handle it?

I am at my wits end with mine and there does not seem to be an end or solution in sight!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2011, 03:27 PM

2,596 posts, read 5,583,288 times
Depends. He has his quirks and so do I. Most of the time, I just ignore them if they're harmless. Or if they're driving me a little nuts, I just go in another room and let him do his thing. He indulges me in a similar fashion.

What specifically is driving you up the wall?

Old 08-12-2011, 03:44 PM

2,068 posts, read 4,338,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingSAT View Post
Does your spouse have a quirk that annoys you and how do you handle it?

I am at my wits end with mine and there does not seem to be an end or solution in sight!
Can you at least say what the quirk is??

Most likely you found it endearing in the beginning now after years of it and him it's what it should have always been, an annoyance.

Old 08-12-2011, 04:06 PM

2,046 posts, read 5,588,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by recuerdeme View Post
Can you at least say what the quirk is??

Most likely you found it endearing in the beginning now after years of it and him it's what it should have always been, an annoyance.
No - it was something that never happened! Its snorting, like grabbing phlegm from the back of his throat and bringing it up. Started about 5 years ago after 30 years of marriage!

It is constant from sun up to sun down! It is during meals, during intimacy... constant!
I have spoken to him and he does not even realize he does it. I can not even imagine what his co workers are thinking!

Old 08-12-2011, 04:14 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,387,283 times
Quote:
No - it was something that never happened! Its snorting, like grabbing phlegm from the back of his throat and bringing it up. Started about 5 years ago after 30 years of marriage!

It is constant from sun up to sun down! It is during meals, during intimacy... constant!
I have spoken to him and he does not even realize he does it. I can not even imagine what his co workers are thinking!
If he doesn't even realize that he is doing it, it could cause other people to notice it too and he needs to be more aware. Speak to him about it again.
When on the rare occasions my husband gets a cold, he does the same thing and it is a very unpleasant sound, so he walks into the bathroom to do it.

Old 08-12-2011, 04:21 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,965,351 times
Quote:
No - it was something that never happened! Its snorting, like grabbing phlegm from the back of his throat and bringing it up.
Then he comes over to you and is all trying to tongue kiss you right?

Trying to think if my wife has any quirks or anything that annoys me. Well, she always puts on a pot to make tea and forgets about it. Then she gets all upset with me for not noticing the burning pot even when Im on the other side of the house. Thats about it though.

Old 08-12-2011, 04:24 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,387,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
Then he comes over to you and is all trying to tongue kiss you right?

Trying to think if my wife has any quirks or anything that annoys me. Well, she always puts on a pot to make tea and forgets about it. Then she gets all upset with me for not noticing the burning pot even when Im on the other side of the house. Thats about it though.
I've GOT to meet your wife, I do the same thing.

Like I said in another thread, I'd lose my head if it wasn't attached.

OP, if you asked my husband that question he would say that I'm a major airhead and it's not a cute quirk at all.

Old 08-12-2011, 05:27 PM

2,637 posts, read 12,634,850 times
Quote:
That sounds more like a medical condition than a quirk. Post-nasal drip. Could be caused by something like an allergy to dust mites or mold.

Old 08-13-2011, 06:11 AM

19,723 posts, read 20,255,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
Well, she always puts on a pot to make tea and forgets about it. Then she gets all upset with me for not noticing the burning pot even when Im on the other side of the house. Thats about it though.

Sounds like it's time to invest in a tea kettle...

Old 08-13-2011, 07:34 AM

5,139 posts, read 12,715,382 times
http://tinyurl.com/3rbw9fc (broken link)

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships