Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2011, 05:36 AM

6 posts, read 6,627 times

Advertisements

Ive been with my boyfriend for a year and a half but have known him for 8 and a half years we were friends before. He wanted to be with me for a long time. I found out I had cancer last year and decided to give him a chance as he truly showed me so much compassion while I was ill having surgery etc. Things have been good then I found out that I have cancer again, it returned. This time things were really difficult and we thought I may die.....My boyfriend has been there for me once again. however I found out today that he is sleeping with his ex girlfriend during my cancer treatments. He recently took a trip away and was even calling her from there.
Im attractive but have little confidence because of my illness.
People are usually surprised when they find out we are together he is not ugly its just im kind of out of his league but I didnt care as I knew what we had and how he has been there. I talk to him about everything he's my best friend, other than this incident things were pretty fantastic between us.
I truly feel I have hit rock bottom,I am on here because I cant tell any one because every one loves him and loves the way he supported me I have also spoken very highly of him to every one I feel as though I am on my own its so humiliating. I cant not explain how low i really am, Im only in my 20's and my life is pointless just wish i wasn't here. should i take him back? its gonna be difficult finding some one else because of my situation so i feel im kinda trapped
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2011, 06:17 AM

5,139 posts, read 12,709,514 times
Just do whatever removes the most stress and worry about taking care of yourself. You don't need to have a boyfriend.

Old 06-10-2011, 06:23 AM

128 posts, read 208,107 times
Your health is no reason for you to settle for a cheater. I am a firm believer that no man is better than a piece of man. If you don't want a man who cheats on you (esp when you are sick) you need to move forward. Sorry you are going through this.

Old 06-10-2011, 06:26 AM

2,788 posts, read 5,091,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by so low View Post
Ive been with my boyfriend for a year and a half but have known him for 8 and a half years we were friends before. He wanted to be with me for a long time. I found out I had cancer last year and decided to give him a chance as he truly showed me so much compassion while I was ill having surgery etc. Things have been good then I found out that I have cancer again, it returned. This time things were really difficult and we thought I may die.....My boyfriend has been there for me once again. however I found out today that he is sleeping with his ex girlfriend during my cancer treatments. He recently took a trip away and was even calling her from there.
People are usually surprised when they find out we are together he is not ugly its just im kind of out of his league but I didnt care as I knew what we had and how he has been there. I talk to him about everything he's my best friend, other than this incident things were pretty fantastic between us.
I truly feel I have hit rock bottom,I am on here because I cant tell any one because every one loves him and loves the way he supported me I have also spoken very highly of him to every one I feel as though I am on my own its so humiliating. I cant not explain how low i really am, Im only in my 20's and my life is pointless just wish i wasn't here. should i take him back? its gonna be difficult finding some one else because of my situation so i feel im kinda trapped

What? this lousy scum..has the gall to cheat on you when you were going thru a difficult and painful time in your life. He scumbag should of been by your side giving you emotional support.
Im sure your heart is in pain, your probably thinking how can someone hurt me so bad in my time of need.
Trust me it gets better once you leave this no good scumbag
Kick him to the curb, you deserve better.
Its better to be alone than to be with someone who shows you how much you mean to them..when it shows you mean nothing.
Never once think you deserve that kind of treatment because you have cancer..you deserve respect, dignity, honor...and a man who will not cheat on you.
This man is worse than your cancer...

Old 06-10-2011, 06:27 AM

4,721 posts, read 5,310,872 times
Your well-being is all that matters right now. You don't need any stress in your life, because you have to get well. If having him around is bothering you, let him go. You don't deserve a cheater, and he has no right to treat you that way. I understand that right now you are leaning on him, but if you are worrying about what he is doing, that will not help you. I hope that you get well soon.

Old 06-10-2011, 06:33 AM

8,568 posts, read 18,103,591 times
It really depends on you. Can you overlook this? Have you discussed his behavior with him?

It's a matter of whether you want him in your life after this or if you don't. Don't let other people's opinions of him or you make your decision for you. Make it for yourself and what's best for you.

Old 06-10-2011, 06:35 AM

9,408 posts, read 13,736,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by so low View Post
First of all he is not your best friend. Best friends don't treat someone they care about, who is undergoing cancer treatment, with such disregard by sleeping with their ex girlfriend. It is despicable and completely unforgivable behaviour and you need to take that on board.

Who cares if everyone loves him, they don't know what he did and it's no-one else's business if you decide to break up.

You need to dump him and concentrate on your treatments and getting well. You do not need this huge added stress at this time in your life. You do not need a man in your life to make you complete or happy. You have enough on your plate at the moment, take some time for yourself instead.

Good luck with the treatment, I hope you get well soon.

Old 06-10-2011, 06:35 AM

3,993 posts, read 8,924,538 times
Dude ! Seriously ?
You have to ask ?

Old 06-10-2011, 06:41 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,682,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Annie View Post
It really depends on you. Can you overlook this? Have you discussed his behavior with him?

It's a matter of whether you want him in your life after this or if you don't. Don't let other people's opinions of him or you make your decision for you. Make it for yourself and what's best for you.
With all due respect to conflicting views, this is the only post so far which makes the most sense.

"so low" if you're seeing a counselor or are part of a support group in dealing with the cancer you may want to bring up the subject there as I'm guessing you're not alone in going through something like this. I seem to recall at least two threads here in the last couple of years which were very similar. All the very best to you!

Old 06-10-2011, 06:59 AM

2,687 posts, read 7,407,819 times
Post Well, I dunno know...

I would think since you are 'out of his league' that you shouldn't have trouble finding someone to care for you...that really wasn't a very fair thing to say, you know. Talk to him. See what's up and be sure your 'assumptions' are accurate. Maybe the exgirlfriend is really just a shoulder for him to cry on...
Koale
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships