Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2011, 01:59 PM

1,298 posts, read 2,245,915 times

Advertisements

Good Luck, Zerby.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2011, 02:32 PM

174 posts, read 240,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerby View Post
I am going to be 100 percent honest! I will tell him about how I overhead his wifes personal trainer at the gym bragging to a bunch of his male coworkers how he "tapped that on more than one occassion". I will be tactful about it, and make no accusations, or misconceptions. I will simply relay the information to Josh. At that point he can run with it and do as he pleases!
What if the personal trainer was lying? Wouldn't be the first time a guy claimed to have boinged somebody he really didn't!

Old 03-07-2011, 02:41 PM

29,807 posts, read 34,655,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Personally, I'd only tell him if he brought it up to you. For all you know, they might have an arrangement. It's more common than you might believe.

However, if you are sure your friend has no idea, then I'd go to the trainer and tell him you know all about it. But you better have proof.

Only as a last resort should you tell your friend directly.
Agree. I might even talk to his wife before I'd talk to the friend directly.

Old 03-08-2011, 02:25 AM

2,057 posts, read 3,315,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by darrensmooth View Post
wow, witty response
Thanks and no offense. I make typos all the time. I just thought that was really funny and had to post it. I like my own jokes too much sometimes.. :P

Old 03-08-2011, 02:41 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,533,219 times
Would I tell my best friend? No. It's not my business to presume he wants to know, much less hear it from an outside party -- that's an incredibly humiliating experience. But I'd probably do whatever I could to get her caught.

Old 03-08-2011, 04:12 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,698,143 times
Quote:
I am going to be 100 percent honest! I will tell him about how I overhead his wifes personal trainer at the gym bragging to a bunch of his male coworkers how he "tapped that on more than one occassion". I will be tactful about it, and make no accusations, or misconceptions. I will simply relay the information to Josh. At that point he can run with it and do as he pleases!
Good approach.

Old 03-08-2011, 03:27 PM

2,788 posts, read 5,108,156 times
Quote:
With her personal trainer? I am aquaintances with the trainer, and I feel bad for my friend Josh. He is married to a yenta. Josh and I are like brothers, we have been friends since childhood. This will devastate him if he finds out and quite frankly I dont know if I have the heart to tell him! I can always ignore it, and even though there is a high probability he would never know that i know.. my conscience wont allow me to not say anything for somebody Ive been friends with since i was younger! I told him not to marry this whiny, money hungry , materialistic tramp...damn! Have you ever been in a situation like this?

My boyfriend was told by his daughter their mom was cheating. They found her message she sent to the guy she was having an affair with on the computer..Im sure it was devistating for her to find out...

Old 03-08-2011, 04:30 PM

4,160 posts, read 5,643,384 times
Well here goes...about 7 years ago I was living with someone and come to find out-yes that person was having an affair...and EVERYONE knew but me...I happened to find out-I felt like no one was my friend enough to tell me..I felt stupid and I was heartbroken that no one cared enough to let me know-I wasted almost a year on someone that not only was cheating on me but my friends didn't have the balls to tell me. I stopped the relationship and the friendships-you should ask if the shoe was on the other foot would you want your friend to tell you?

Old 03-08-2011, 04:47 PM

81 posts, read 198,343 times
Im busy now but I'll post later tonight on what happened. It wasn't good, but hopefully something good will come of it! Josh maybe getting divorced! Yenta.. his wife admitted to cheating on him and said it was his fault because he worked late and felt that he was abandoning her. Oh poor Yenta.. they dont have kids, she works out all day, drives a Lexus, and she doesn't work, all the while having a maid come once a week to clean their 4000 square foot mansion. Oh the horror! The poor woman was terrorized. Now my friend suffers, he was crying it broke my heart! Even though I know I did the right thing deep down, I feel awful! I feel like beating the sh*t out of his parents who all but threatened to disown him if he didnt marry her "because she was Jewish".. Meanwhile the nice Catholic girl that I set him up with years ago..the one he really loved and vice-versa was to be disowned along with Josh if he ever married her! Lesson here to parents.. if your children are good people support them unconditionally in their endeavors. If not your children maybe the ones abandoning you in the future.. The world is a fuc*ed up place..

Old 03-08-2011, 04:54 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,533,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnvrsoul View Post
Well here goes...about 7 years ago I was living with someone and come to find out-yes that person was having an affair...and EVERYONE knew but me...I happened to find out-I felt like no one was my friend enough to tell me..I felt stupid and I was heartbroken that no one cared enough to let me know-I wasted almost a year on someone that not only was cheating on me but my friends didn't have the balls to tell me. I stopped the relationship and the friendships-you should ask if the shoe was on the other foot would you want your friend to tell you?
It's unfortunate that you never considered the situation from your friends' point of view. It's a terrible position for a friend to be in because they had two really crappy choices: 1) place a huge burden on you that you may well not want to carry and risk that you'll resent them for dumping it on you, or 2) carry it themselves knowing full well that some day you'll find out anyway and come to resent them for not dumping it on you. Whether you agree with the decision they made or the reasoning behind it, they didn't tell you because they were trying to protect you -- and they were carrying a sh*tty burden on your behalf that they certainly never wanted to. And you thanked them for it by cutting them off. Not cool.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships