Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2011, 07:06 PM

1,496 posts, read 2,448,647 times

Advertisements

break the heart !! Oh, it is hard to say!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2011, 07:07 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,390,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DANNYY View Post
Long story short:

We go to different schools, in two different states. She comes back home in the holidays when I come back home and that's when we see each other and also in summer. Nothing wrong with our relationship at all, she prefers it this way and I do too.

But I've been contemplating breaking up for a few weeks now, don't want to share the exact reason but how do you tell someone that isn't here about it? Wait until she gets back?

I really like her a lot, and its the same back but yeahhh. So how to do it? I'm still not 100% sure if I want to yet, but its something that I'm just contemplating though, and no I haven't talked to her about this yet either but I will when I make up my mind if I want to or no.
I don't really understand whats to break up? You say you want to be single for awhile, but that sounds to me like what you already are. Do you not want her as a friend?? If you don't want to see her on those rare times that you do, just tell her you've got other commitments during the holidays, and that you can't spend the time with her.

Old 02-21-2011, 07:11 PM
Ep-

2,080 posts, read 4,185,427 times
be a gentleman and do it via text message

Old 02-21-2011, 07:17 PM

4,721 posts, read 5,340,473 times
If you truly want to break up, do it honestly. Look her in the eyes and tell her what you have said on here.

Also, I am very sorry for you loss. There is nothing wrong with needing a break from a relationship, but right now might not be the best time to lose another person you care about.

Old 02-21-2011, 07:39 PM

12,671 posts, read 23,907,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DANNYY View Post
Long story short:

We go to different schools, in two different states. She comes back home in the holidays when I come back home and that's when we see each other and also in summer. Nothing wrong with our relationship at all, she prefers it this way and I do too.

But I've been contemplating breaking up for a few weeks now, don't want to share the exact reason but how do you tell someone that isn't here about it? Wait until she gets back?

I really like her a lot, and its the same back but yeahhh. So how to do it? I'm still not 100% sure if I want to yet, but its something that I'm just contemplating though, and no I haven't talked to her about this yet either but I will when I make up my mind if I want to or no.
I followed that Sprint commercial. I have unlimited text messages.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships