Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2010, 02:22 AM

525 posts, read 1,561,342 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
What disability?

Profound hearing loss. I can hear somewhat with hearing aids
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2010, 02:55 AM

1,497 posts, read 3,365,949 times
Two words , go fishing. A looong way away , in places I refer to as 'Gondwanaland' - i.e. boonies. That will relax you and help you place things into perspective. Then again , it might not , as different persons respond differently to different stimuli. Good luck in your travels , as well as life.

Old 11-22-2010, 04:16 AM

12,980 posts, read 13,774,745 times
Sometimes those types of hard ships growing up causes us to constantly seek validation from others. The problem is they are not the ones who owe us that validation. When we don't get validation and affection growing up from a parent we also don't get to give it back. It can be confusing not to know if we are in need of being validated or in need of giving it to some one.

Old 11-22-2010, 06:24 AM

37,833 posts, read 46,401,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieCountrycm View Post
Profound hearing loss. I can hear somewhat with hearing aids
Well that's interesting. I know a gal at work that has that same disability. She is constantly seeking drama of the worst kind, and then smacks herself in the head every time she realizes she made yet another bad decision.

Old 11-23-2010, 07:23 AM

8,568 posts, read 18,186,066 times
Hearing loss/deafness have nothing to do with being a dramaqueen. I know some very well-adjusted happy deaf people - and I include myself in the last category.

About 7 years ago, my hearing loss progressed to where it is considered I am deaf. I have hearing aids and can function with hearies. Because my loss was progressive and didn't begin until I was a young adult (early 20s), I never had the opportunity to learn ASL. It is my first priority when we move.

As a deaf/HoH person who HATES drama and has little to none in my life, I find it totally unacceptable and reprehensible to connect the two. There are many hearies who are drama queens.

Old 11-23-2010, 07:29 AM

5,076 posts, read 14,681,475 times
And the fact that your Father was emotionally unavailable explains your man issues now. You seek that man figure in your life and let yourself get used, abused, walked on etc for the sake of trying to find something that isn't there in a healthy way. Have respect for yourself and others will too.

Old 11-23-2010, 03:39 PM

45,217 posts, read 101,038,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorhe33 View Post
Katie i am very happy to hear that you made some realizations about yourself. Now that you know you can finally take steps to solve the root of the problem rather then just the symptoms. Your mother is probably a bad influence so minimal contact with her.
You and me both, her thread topics were so sad

Katie, recognizing something is half the battle - now you can do something about it! Best of luck in finding a healing environment
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships