Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2010, 06:08 PM

7,507 posts, read 4,399,043 times

Advertisements

Please help this poor girl (me) to understand the idea of clubbing, drinking, and dancing. Please be nice too. ._. I know there's a time in life where we long to experience something such as going to the club with our gals (or pals) and drink away, but why (or how) do young people (16-21) find these kind of activities as "fun"? I've heard 16 year old girls wearing their lingeries to the club! And I thought people wear "club clothes" to the club. I mean once you get older you'll likely do these activities. I'm not saying they can't and they shouldn't do this, but I don't know understand it.

What do you MEN and WOMEN think about this (girls with lingeries to the club)?
How did YOU define "fun" when you were in your younger teens?
Now that older (whatever that means to you), is your definition of "fun" any different?
If you had a bf/gf who's against clubbing, drinking, or dancing, then how would you compromise this with them?

I figure that this might be in the relationship forum since it is a social thing.

Thanks,
Miss Vang
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2010, 06:12 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,004,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missvang View Post
Please help this poor girl (me) to understand the idea of clubbing, drinking, and dancing. Please be nice too. ._. I know there's a time in life where we long to experience something such as going to the club with our gals (or pals) and drink away, but why (or how) do young people (16-21) find these kind of activities as "fun"? I've heard 16 year old girls wearing their lingeries to the club! And I thought people wear "club clothes" to the club. I mean once you get older you'll likely do these activities. I'm not saying they can't and they shouldn't do this, but IMO I find these things to be SO boring.

Now that older (whatever that means to you), is your definition of "fun" any different?
If you had a bf/gf who's against clubbing, drinking, or dancing, then how would you compromise this with them?

I figure that this might be in the relationship forum since it does have to do with relationship with other people.

Thanks,
Miss Vang
W-T-H??? I haven't heard of that but it's insane! What ever happened to common sense? Is it dead among those in their 20s and below?

Old 07-02-2010, 06:12 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,132,239 times
Quote:
Please help this poor girl (me) to understand the idea of clubbing, drinking, and dancing. Please be nice too. ._. I know there's a time in life where we long to experience something such as going to the club with our gals (or pals) and drink away, but why (or how) do young people (16-21) find these kind of activities as "fun"? I've heard 16 year old girls wearing their lingeries to the club! And I thought people wear "club clothes" to the club. I mean once you get older you'll likely do these activities. I'm not saying they can't and they shouldn't do this, but IMO I find these things to be SO boring.

I figure that this might be in the relationship forum since it does have to do with relationship with other people.

Thanks,
Miss Vang
Well, considering that drinking before the age of 21 is illegal, I find it interesting that you are making reference to young girls being in bars and drinking. If this is the case, then you need to call the police immediately and get these places closed down and the proprietors put in jail where they belong.

That having been said...when I was a young person (the legal drinking age was 18 at that time), I very much enjoyed bars. Of course, back then, bars were totally different than they are now. I don't like bars now, not because I have outgrown the bar scene, but because I simply do not like the way bars are these days. The music is very annoying, for one thing.

But anyway, back when I was a young person I had a great time at bars. Up until I was about 35, which is about the time that bars started getting really boring. It didnt have anything to do with age. If bars were still like they used to be, I'd still enjoy going to them.

20yrsinBranson

Old 07-02-2010, 10:31 PM

4,098 posts, read 7,106,829 times
16 to 21 year olds in clubs and bars? Where do you live, Mexico? I don't see that happening back when or even now. If it does, it shouldn't. Nuff said.

Old 07-03-2010, 12:55 AM

9,230 posts, read 16,544,998 times
Quote:

I figure that this might be in the relationship forum since it is a social thing.

Thanks,
Miss Vang
I see a lot of gals wearing camisole tops that I think are flattering, others might see "hooker". It all depends on the girl, the combination of what she is wearing and the flaunt factor, to me. Some women shouldn't leave the house.

Making out with my boyfriend was fun when I was a teen. Clubs were fun when I was in my early 20's. Now, I'm happy being at home. I can still cut a rug, but I rarely leave the zip code if I am making a late night of it.

I do know people in their 20's who have no interest in partying and drinking.

Old 07-03-2010, 07:15 AM

4,379 posts, read 5,383,328 times
Everybody is different. Thus, people have different tastes.

Quote:
16 to 21 year olds in clubs and bars? Where do you live, Mexico? I don't see that happening back when or even now. If it does, it shouldn't. Nuff ]
said.
Why? it happens in other countries. perhaps it's you uptight Americans who can't see that.

If an 18 year old can go clubbing, then there is no difference between that and a 21 year old.

Old 07-03-2010, 07:24 AM

5,143 posts, read 5,405,820 times
Clubbing and dancing and drinking = fun

The morning after = no fun

Old 07-03-2010, 07:25 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,358,815 times
Yeah...that kind of stuff is for college...after that, it's just sad.

Old 07-03-2010, 08:36 AM

3,337 posts, read 7,119,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Yeah...that kind of stuff is for college...after that, it's just sad.
Exactly. If you're in your 30s and up and you still going to clubs for dancing, drinking and partying then you need a life, seriously. What grown-up in their right mind would be in a club with younger folks

Old 07-03-2010, 08:44 AM

4,379 posts, read 5,383,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthsideJacksonville View Post
Exactly. If you're in your 30s and up and you still going to clubs for dancing, drinking and partying then you need a life, seriously. What grown-up in their right mind would be in a club with younger folks
there are clubs for older persons also, with different music, facilities, etc. than 18-25 clubs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships