Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2012, 07:47 AM

77,771 posts, read 105,097,923 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lubby View Post
You can use regular cheese, I am watching my weight so that's why I don't use full fat chesse.
I should be doing the same and I give you credit, but I have tried them, I just don't see they have any real taste. I think I would just as soon leave it out and use something else. Keep up the good job in losing weight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2012, 12:19 PM

13,395 posts, read 45,102,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
I usually saute it in olive oil with a dusting of cumin and S & P, pretty tasty hot or cold.
Cumin, yes.

Also smoked paprika.

Old 04-16-2012, 12:53 PM

20,996 posts, read 28,580,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post
I was actually thinking of using the romano already called for in the recipe as a sub for the breadcrumbs - sprinkling it on top instead of mixing it in. But I think parm or shredded cheese (instead of romano) would taste good, too. The chives sound really good, too.

I think I'll try this recipe this week when I have baked cod for dinner and need a little more on my plate than steamed broccoli.
I added the egg to make it kind of like a souffle texture but you can leave the eggs out. I have done this without eggs too and I have done this where I cook the cauliflower until soft but roughly mash it with a potato masher so it's not as smooth as mashed potatoes, added shredded cheese and some cream cheese to it then mix it well and top with bread crumbs and grated Parm or romano. I prefer the sharpmess of romano over the parmesan. Then I baked it.

Old 04-18-2012, 01:54 PM

17,603 posts, read 16,745,124 times
I tried this recipe today and really liked it. My food processor is on the fritz so I coarsely mashed the cauli and added shredded cheese, two eggs and some seasonings. Then sprinkled parm on top. Baked it.

And the finished product reminded me of mac and cheese - yum. It's such a versatile recipe, I will definitely make it again.

Old 04-18-2012, 02:41 PM

4,196 posts, read 6,443,760 times
Have to tell you, I like what you post... this was like, YUK...

Only a personal opinion of course..... Bring on the Onion Rings!!!!!!

Old 04-18-2012, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post
I tried this recipe today and really liked it. My food processor is on the fritz so I coarsely mashed the cauli and added shredded cheese, two eggs and some seasonings. Then sprinkled parm on top. Baked it.

And the finished product reminded me of mac and cheese - yum. It's such a versatile recipe, I will definitely make it again.
Thanks means alot to me

Old 04-18-2012, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caligula1 View Post
Have to tell you, I like what you post... this was like, YUK...

Only a personal opinion of course..... Bring on the Onion Rings!!!!!!
Not a fan of cauliflower??? That's ok if you did not like it. What was so YUK about it???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes