Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2009, 10:27 PM

15,614 posts, read 40,583,585 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
I ain't shavin' for any seller...
My hubby used to race his bicycle in college and shaved his legs (as do all racers) and man was it horrible when his hair came back in...like a porcupine...

What happened to your fiduciary duty to try and make a continuous good faith effort to secure a buyer?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2009, 05:36 AM

43,495 posts, read 77,483,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfall View Post
My hubby used to race his bicycle in college and shaved his legs (as do all racers) and man was it horrible when his hair came back in...like a porcupine...

What happened to your fiduciary duty to try and make a continuous good faith effort to secure a buyer?
It's spelled out in my Listing Agreement and Buyers' Agency agreement:

"In performance of fiduciary duties and good faith efforts on behalf of the client, it is agreed that Agent will not be required to shave, pluck, wax, nip, tuck, or otherwise defile his perfect God-given physique in any way, although none of the above will be construed to prevent Agent from unilaterally choosing to eat free donuts, should said donuts be available."

Everybody has that clause in their agreements, don't they?

Old 07-24-2009, 08:32 AM

11,864 posts, read 11,070,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fcx_09 View Post
Or waste of time?
Like others have said, really depends on the house and how the VT is created (have to allow plenty of time on one pic B4 going to next pic or one will get dizzy/go insane). We don't do them for every single listing and also for many of the reasons others have mentioned - just taking listing photos I've gone into houses and say, for the love of God man pick up those Haines and PLEASE keep house orderly when it officially hits the market! Anyway, on projects listed exclusively with us or high end homes, commercial, yes I'll do a VT - there are enough pics on the website to give a 'potential' buyer a good feel for the property. Then, if they want to see additional pics, they can write and we'll send them more since we always take a ton of photos to begin with.

Old 07-24-2009, 11:28 AM

15,614 posts, read 40,583,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
It's spelled out in my Listing Agreement and Buyers' Agency agreement:

"In performance of fiduciary duties and good faith efforts on behalf of the client, it is agreed that Agent will not be required to shave, pluck, wax, nip, tuck, or otherwise defile his perfect God-given physique in any way, although none of the above will be construed to prevent Agent from unilaterally choosing to eat free donuts, should said donuts be available."

Everybody has that clause in their agreements, don't they?

You might want to add in unilaterally choosing to eat free donuts, sandwiches, cookies or other sustenance or libation should said sustenance or libation be available...

Don't forget about the other goodies...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate