Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2008, 07:28 AM

8,545 posts, read 10,282,742 times

Advertisements

Open letter to the 'buyers' who stood us up yesterday.

Thanks for letting us know you were NOT going to come look at the house with your adult children so we could wait around all day on my birthday. I can't tell you how much we appreciated that. A call from your agent would have been nice, hey we decided against your house, even though we have looked at it FOUR times, or we couldn't make it today, or take a flying leap or whatever.

It's always so much 'fun' to clean and scrub and primp and wait for nothing. thanks. I also like running my air conditioning at a low temp to keep the house and casita comfortable for buyers. No problem at all when I have to pay the bill. I also like keeping my dogs out in the heat most of the day so they don't offend you.

I also enjoyed not having a decent meal until last night so I would not mess up the kitchen or cook something that would take away from that fresh clean smell. I don't mind going hungry and eating crackers all day. No matter that with our medications we are supposed to eat. Guess we could have left to go eat, what are we supposed to do with the dogs while we do that...leave them in the hot car? Can't leave them home because it could offend you to see them in the yard, oh they have dogs.

Thanks a lot. Is this a Utah thing? Sorry I had to vent, whoever you were yesterday, thanks for nothing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2008, 07:34 AM

1,703 posts, read 5,147,323 times
Um no it's an American thing. There are inconsiderate people everywhere.

Old 06-22-2008, 07:49 AM

I guess...but we have sold several homes and never had problems like this before...it's not the first time it happened, but the first time that someone wanted to come for the 5th time. Kind of get your hopes up and then get blown off..well I guess I needed to vent...So disappointed.

I hope everyone has a great day, myself, I am leaving the house and doing something fun, maybe head down to Mesquite and play some nickles...might be my lucky day!

Old 06-22-2008, 08:46 AM

52 posts, read 333,226 times
Angry dogmom

I hear you sister on this one!!!!!!!!! Our house is for sale here in California for the last year 1/2 so we can make the moves to Utah. There is nothing worse when this happens. I actually was possibly having someone look at it a couple nights ago and it fizzled out as well!! I got the house all clean ( cleaned like a maniac) and forced my 3 children in one room for 2 hours ( so they would not destroy what I had cleaned)Did not cook dinner ( for fear of dirty kitchen and smells) so we waited and waited and waited as we starved!!!!!!!! Finally at 7:30 pm I called the agent and said SOOOOOO what time? Well, she said clients called and decided not to come!!! NICE ONE!!!! I feel you pain!!! It sucks!!!

Old 06-22-2008, 09:08 AM

2,502 posts, read 6,982,728 times
I have had times when the agent and clients would just show up on my doorstep. No warning, no appointment, nada! As I scramble to at least straighten up while they wait outside, I am thinking there is no way that the house will sell because it won't be nearly as clean as it would if I had some notice first.

Dogmom, I am so sorry. I hate inconsiderate people!

Old 06-22-2008, 09:38 AM

Well, at least I am not alone, it really was a horrible day, we could have been out doing something, or at least I could have made myself a birthday cake or something I am over it and wish no on ill will....

Later! and good luck to all of us..

Old 06-22-2008, 11:34 AM

78 posts, read 291,704 times
That is very rude and inconsiderate. I would be upset too.

And Happy (Late) Birthday. My birthday was yesterday as well.

Old 06-22-2008, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomianca View Post
That is very rude and inconsiderate. I would be upset too.

And Happy (Late) Birthday. My birthday was yesterday as well.
And Happy June 21st birthday as well....First Day of Summer babies...

Old 06-22-2008, 11:43 AM

169 posts, read 1,070,553 times
I'm so sorry to hear you had to go through this.

Your Realtors are lucky to have such caring seller's as clients and although you've been "put out" by this one buyer, don't give up. You are taking important steps to feature the assets of your home - it's the right thing to do.

We treasure clients that care about the sale process and go the distance to see how important it is to make their homes clean and desirable. Most buyer's can not see past the mess, the smells, the "stuff", and really get their hands around the true assets and features of a home.

I've walked around laundry piles on pool tables in the entry way of homes and dog "stuff" (yes the stinky stuff) in pool cages, dust that looks like it was brought over on the Ark and mounds of dirty dishes in the sink, and dead bugs - that's the worst. I've shown homes with smells from cooking that were so pungent that the buyers walked in and walked out and wouldn't walk through. (that house sold for $40/ft. less than other homes in the neighborhood and took an extra 9 months to close even though it was otherwise beautiful and had water views!).

I'm sorry it was a bad day. Go out today and celebrate you. Wonderful, willing-to-do-what-it-takes you, who did the right thing for someone who clearly wasn't worthy - but it was still the right thing to do. And when the phone rings again, dust yourself off and do it again because it does matter and it will come back to you at the time of offer, even if it's just a few thousand dollars more.

Many, many, many homeowners under estimate the power of clean.

You can always do drive through with the kids and take the dogs to the dog park and hang out if the weather's nice. If not, hmmm, not sure.

Hang in there -and always call your agent if the showing is more than 20 minutes late to check the status. All buyers are different and some of them want to explore EVERYTHING about every house they go to see - it throws our ability to schedule things off track and we don't always have an ability to adjust it. I always hope for a couple of empty (vacant) homes in the show schedule to make the schedule easier to adjust. We build them into the flow of the drive but can move them to the end if we're running behind and try to keep appointments on track or if we have those rare clients who walk in and two seconds later know it's not the home for them - walk out, we can throw them into the mix to slow them down a little and not surprise a home owner.

As for my colleagues who just show up on your doorstep - if you're Ok letting them in, let them in - if you're not - SEND THEM TO YOUR AGENT FOR AN APPOINTMENT. I don't know where this brand of agent came from that can't tell their client that just because they are driving by means they can drop in? But YOU control the doorway. Politely give them your agents card and ask them to call and make an appointment. Anyone who won't give you that courtesy (even if they are on their way out of town) has either made up their minds for another home anyway and was just getting justification for their choice, or hasn't made up their minds, in which case, they will be coming back to look again and can make an appointment if you're house is still available...

Besides, unless they are holding a flyer in their hand that tells them what you're asking for the home, they may have no idea how much your home is actually listed for and may not be qualified ("but everyone's giving everything away now right ? So let's just go through and offer what we want ...") Ugh!

I can't wait until this buyer's market is OVER and we get back to a balanced market and seller's have some options for who they work with and buyers have to work a little harder to get the house they love.

Old 06-22-2008, 11:54 AM

2,505 posts, read 6,153,890 times
NTFeldman,

I can't wait until this buyer's market is OVER and we get back to a balanced market and seller's have some options for who they work with and buyers have to work a little harder to get the house they love.

Love this statement. Like so many things in life, it's all about balance. Tambre
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate