Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2015, 05:58 PM

2,830 posts, read 2,648,652 times

Advertisements

If you have recently sold a house or bought a house, how long after the showing did the buyers submit their offer?

If it was a number of days, why? Was it that you were still looking, getting finances in order, or needed time to think about it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2015, 07:10 PM

24,204 posts, read 19,191,156 times
I think it's pretty common to come back for a second showing, and then make an offer fairly soon after that. But of course every buyer is different.

Old 05-25-2015, 07:12 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,734,689 times
It is such a variety, nothing standard.

Old 05-25-2015, 07:19 PM

146 posts, read 293,543 times
My buyers had their first showing at 930 am, a second showing same day at 3pm, and I had an offer by 5pm.

Old 05-25-2015, 07:45 PM

203 posts, read 327,373 times
The house we recently bought went on the market on a Thursday night. We saw the listing and set up a showing for that Saturday morning. We knew immediately that we wanted the house, so maybe 2 hours after the showing we had a signed offer. We are in a very hot market and by the end of that day there were already 2 other offers. We offered full asking price and it was accepted that evening, about 48 hours after it hit the MLS.

This is very typical for our area. If you want something you need to be prepared to jump on it, usually for the asking price. We had been looking for a long time and knew what we wanted. If people know what they want I don't see why it would take longer than a day, but I guess the trick when you're selling is to make your house so desirable that people don't feel like they have to mull it over.

Old 05-25-2015, 09:21 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,802,767 times
in 2012, when I saw this house, I had already been looking for 4 weeks. I saw it the 2nd day it was listed and placed a full-price cash offer that day. Someone else made a full-price but not cash offer the same day. I also only had an inspection contingency as I had looked at enough houses to know it was priced right.

When I sold my house prior to buying this one, the buyers saw it and placed the offer in a day or two. They were investors and had several to look at.

Old 05-25-2015, 10:22 PM

3,365 posts, read 5,233,336 times
My wife and I just got a house for our personal use and it was listed that morning, shown to us at 1pm and we put in an offer as soon as our agent was able to. Closed on the house two months ago. Every situation is different though, our rentals we only pick up after they are past average DOM and we view them several times to assess the damages first.

Old 05-26-2015, 03:34 PM

8,268 posts, read 8,643,023 times
The last one I bought I made an offer the next day. The last one I sold was about 2 weeks after the first showing.

Old 05-26-2015, 05:45 PM

1,844 posts, read 3,937,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollynla View Post
If you have recently sold a house or bought a house, how long after the showing did the buyers submit their offer?

If it was a number of days, why? Was it that you were still looking, getting finances in order, or needed time to think about it?
I made a cash offer on a house just this month. The offer was received by the seller's agent 20-21 hours after she first put out the "For Sale" sign in the front yard.

I saw her doing it at about 8 PM and knew I needed to see this house ASAP. I e-mailed my agent that night, he contacted the seller's agent and was able to get me in there at 3 PM the next day. It wasn't even in the MLS yet, and I was the first to view the house.

We immediately put an offer together and submitted it by around 4-5 PM, so I guess the answer to your question is "1-2 hours after the showing". It took that long for us to put the offer together; my agent told the seller's agent on the way out the door that she would be getting a full price offer immediately.

The reason I wanted to do this so quickly, is that it is in a unique location that is in very high demand (especially for me for personal reasons, but also to other buyers). The house itself turned out to be just perfect for me as well.

Last edited by NOLA2SGF; 05-26-2015 at 05:55 PM..

Old 05-26-2015, 10:42 PM

6,814 posts, read 11,531,564 times
We had been looking for about two months and were seriously contemplating building a house since we couldn't find exactly what we were looking for. (Mr. Dokie has a TON of woodworking tools, and we needed room for them). My realtor had us set up to get emails whenever something came on the market that met our criteria. I got an email one afternoon, it looked good on paper and I knew it was vacant because it was a foreclosure. So we went over there that evening just to poke around outside, since we could eliminate about 50% of houses based on exteriors alone. (Did I say we were picky?). We liked what we saw, so called my realtor and saw the interior the next day. We were there about 15 minutes, knew that "this was the one" and went immediately to his office to write up the offer.

On the house we sold, the buyers came back for a second look later the same day and we had an offer the next.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate