Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2014, 08:34 AM

10 posts, read 18,204 times

Advertisements

I'm the seller along with my husband and we are divorced selling the martial home we received an offer on my home and my husband and I need to counter in speaking with my husband I counter $398,000 he was at $395
I sent my counter to our realtor via email and so did My husbandI also sent message to my attorney my counter offer with in a short time I received an email from my realtor the email she presented already to the buyers agent to my surprise. I was expecting her to contact my lawyer and my husbands lawyer to have a call to meet in the middle or even call both of us and say let's present one offer to the buyers. The email read as follow. Our sellers have a counter offer the husbands bottom line is $390 the wife's bottom line is 398 no closing cost if the buyers want to counter we would appreciate that. To my surprise my husband told our realtor totally different bid then he told me and also text this to me 395 no closing. I emailed my realtor asking why no phone call to meet in the middle with a number and WHY would you present that proposal stating husbands bottom line at 390 when you know I would not be comfortable with that and that's in my opinion (showing your hand). Her response back was in this situation u present both offers and I was hoping the buyers would come closer to your number. REALLY??? Why would they? So to no surprise they countered husbands bottom line so 393 sellers pay closing cost of $3000. So we r at $390,000 I said no to her and tell them $395 or get concession we can do 398,000 and I'll pay 3000 for closing let's see what Gary thinks. She said no to me we are going to accept what your husbands counter is $390,00 I emailed her stating no and her response was there drawing up the papers. I sent my attorney all emails he's not happy I have no say at all on this counter and more information the broker is working with my husband and my realtor lets call her K is working in my best interest but has to put every OK by the broker who is representing my husband and my husbands attorney remember is best friends with the broker. I didnt know this till after I signed contract with that realtor. My attorney's response to my husbands lawyer is this is wrong the realtor you and Gary picked did not do the right thing by my client and you know it I want her ex husband to pay the difference of the $395 offer he requested my husband to give me $2500.00 at the table.
Question???? Do I have a lawsuit with the broker for being treated like this I feel she doesn't deserve the full
Commission and I have all emails from the broker of her stating she didn't receive my counter and no we are going with your husbands sales price of $390 I feel like i don't exist!!!!!!! Unfortunately the PAPER TRAIL doesn't lie!!!! Received ALL counters back Please respond or email me
[email]V-photography@comcast.net

Last edited by V.lee; 03-05-2014 at 08:44 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2014, 08:35 AM

Please respond!!!

Old 03-05-2014, 08:40 AM

582 posts, read 779,066 times
So you expect the real estate agent to act as a go between for you and your ex-husband. That's not her job. Be an adult, work out the counter with your husband and the present it to your agent. Don't expect other to do what you should do.

Old 03-05-2014, 08:49 AM

8,590 posts, read 12,342,412 times
And learn to use paragraphs and complete sentences. What I've got from this mess of a post is that you want one price; your ex-H wants another. You feel like you should meet in the middle. Realtor countered with your H's price. If you disagree simply don't sign the counter-offer. No signature from you means no deal.

No, you don't have a lawsuit. Personally I feel like the agent should charge you more for having to deal with this mess and acting as the go between.

Old 03-05-2014, 08:58 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,176,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by V.lee View Post
Please respond!!!
I would love to but you should edit your OP so It's easier to read and comprehend your problem.

You and your Husband should be on good enough terms to work this out.

Old 03-05-2014, 09:22 AM

6,957 posts, read 22,307,357 times
Having been through the divorce process twice (and never again), I think you might want to consider that closing this chapter in your life is worth almost ANY amount of money. Now you're racking up atty. fees and fighting over what? 3K.

Get over yourself.

Get over your ex.

Move on. Oh wait, that part is far in the future.

Old 03-05-2014, 10:00 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,176,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMenscha View Post
Having been through the divorce process twice (and never again), I think you might want to consider that closing this chapter in your life is worth almost ANY amount of money. Now you're racking up atty. fees and fighting over what? 3K.
Great advice for the Husband also. It would be worth the $3k to make STB Ex go away.

One can only imagine the rest of the story.

Old 03-05-2014, 10:58 AM

Yeah it ended with the 21 year old on the pool table friends with my daughter and his attorney saying I'm a drug addict to get 50/50 of the kids. But it didn't work I have them so this is attorney's last straw to have her friend run everything and not let me counter!!! I just think you should treat people with respect and honesty we'll I think it called KARMA that will come back to get them!!! Thanks to all!!

Old 03-05-2014, 11:00 AM

7,244 posts, read 21,806,338 times
And if they both have attorneys, maybe the attorneys should negotiate the "middle" to translate to the Realtor.

I had a case with 3 siblings, and the back and forth was awful! I was NOT paid enough to deal with all that family drama!

Old 03-05-2014, 11:08 AM

I did speak to my husband his offer was 395.00 and it was the agent that said we will handle it with your lawyers and they never did they just summited the counter I was in shock I had an email in minutes my realtor already sent offer without me or my attorney knowing but I was told the broker did discuss the offer with my husbands attorney and lowered it and did not let me know his changed new counter. And I did call my husband to ask why he would do such a thing we could figure it out he said Kelly said to low ball so I did. And we're not accepting a counter from you!! So that's a little more information! My attorney called Kelly his attorney immediately and the broker she gave some crap sorry of that's the way it works
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate