Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Electronic Signatures
I am a consumer, and I have used and like electronic signatures. 6 24.00%
I am a consumer, and I have used electronic signatures. I didn't have a good experience. 0 0%
I am a consumer and I will never use them. 1 4.00%
I am an agent and I like electronic signatures. 12 48.00%
I am an agent and I can use them when I have to. 5 20.00%
I am an agent and I want to see paper originals. No electronic signatures. 1 4.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2012, 11:39 AM

43,413 posts, read 77,348,122 times

Advertisements

Agents:
Do you use electronic signatures?
If so, do you like them?
If not, why not?

Consumers:
Have you signed documents via electronic signatures?
Are you OK with electronic signatures?
Or, do not like them?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2012, 12:46 PM

1,757 posts, read 5,146,671 times
Love them, use it every time the client will let me. I did an entire 45+ pg. contract in Baltimore with a client in Maine in electronic sigs.

Old 11-14-2012, 03:46 PM

1,736 posts, read 2,900,441 times
love docusign. between that and zipform, it streamlines my business tremendously.

took me a year or so to get onboard with docusign.. looking back, its laughable the amount of 'unnecessary" work I put in to get contracts signed with wet signatures

Old 11-14-2012, 04:06 PM

6,069 posts, read 14,802,513 times
eSign works better for me than Docusign because it will give fast fillable forms and almost automatically give templates

Old 11-14-2012, 04:28 PM

6,957 posts, read 22,347,406 times
I can't remember which application comes with zipforms, but it seemed like it wouldn't let me sign my portions before the client did, and/or vice versa. Perhaps it was my inexperience with the system, but the client ended up being confused as well. I even tried a test transaction, but it wasn't as seamless as I had hoped.

Old 11-14-2012, 04:32 PM

43,413 posts, read 77,348,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMenscha View Post
I can't remember which application comes with zipforms, but it seemed like it wouldn't let me sign my portions before the client did, and/or vice versa. Perhaps it was my inexperience with the system, but the client ended up being confused as well. I even tried a test transaction, but it wasn't as seamless as I had hoped.
I think that is the eSign with ZipForm.

I use Docusign imported from ZipForm and it was pretty good, but last night, after a feller signed his wife was unable to login from her email.
I repeated it, uploading the form as PDF from my computer into DocuSign, and it was still a fail.
Time to call support.

Old 11-14-2012, 04:49 PM

4,280 posts, read 12,690,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
Agents:
Do you use electronic signatures?
If so, do you like them?
If not, why not?

Consumers:
Have you signed documents via electronic signatures?
Are you OK with electronic signatures?
Or, do not like them?

Mike

In my last sale, I was comfortable using electronic signatures (we were 120 miles apart) but "someone" had issues so we went the FAX to me, Notary Public witness my signature, FAX back route.

I think it was my agents first foray into electronic signatures and she was not that familiar with the process.

Old 11-14-2012, 05:41 PM

40,978 posts, read 49,335,900 times
Use Docusign and Zipforms both and they've worked like a champ. Saves Mucho time and hassle for the Buyer or Seller.

I do have Zipforms upload to Docusign so I can control better.

Old 11-15-2012, 04:42 AM

210 posts, read 577,800 times
Gives the client time to read my home inspection agreement. If there are any issues there is plenty of time to resolve them. No duress in signing. Since 50% of my clients are from out of town, Most of the paper work is out of the way. The internet is a wonderful thing!

Old 01-18-2013, 08:23 AM

17,721 posts, read 29,923,235 times
Default As a consumer

In 2011 we sold and bought a house.
Our seller's agent worked for Fuller Sotheby's and everything was electronic.
We loved it.
I was very unhappy when I found out that we had to physically sign papers at the title company at the closing. So archaic.

Electronic signatures on the buying side (except for closing).
PDFs for:
Seller's Property Disclosure (Residential)
Source of Water Addendum
Square Footage Disclosure
3966 Vrain Split Parcel Form
Party Wall Agreement
Improvemment Survey Plat
Soil Report
Wastewater Impervious Inspection Report
Certificate of Occupancy
Home Inspection Report
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate