Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2013, 07:35 AM

1 posts, read 913 times

Advertisements

We have built a new temple which is 30 feet away from Texas Energy Gas pile line (LNG) (300 PSI - pressure, 36 inch diameter & two 20 inch line.) In the past, the same pipe line has exploded in Edison twp, New jersey. I have learnt this from site plan with "EASEMENT".

Who will be responsible and liable, in case, in the future, this gas line explode & send flame to 3000 feet up in a air, for actual death of members and blow-up of the entire 17 million facility?

Township / county govt. / land seller agent / land buyer agent / consultant .

As some one will be hold responsible for their negligence. This is a public safety issue as there may be few hundred worshiper in the temple / prayer hall.

Thank you

Last edited by 9virvir9; 12-21-2013 at 07:37 AM.. Reason: adding content
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2013, 08:31 AM

49,926 posts, read 60,136,643 times
Why did you build it only 30 feet away? I assume city codes allow it .... The local government usually has codes that only allow construction within a certain number of feet of a pipeline such as this.

Did you not know about the easement when you bought the land? You probably are only 30 feet from the easement, not from the pipeline itself.

As a buyer, YOU have the responsibility to perform due diligence on your purchase. That means you are supposed to research the property before you purchase it.

If there is negligence, the utility would be responsible. I guess a good attorney would be able to make the case.

Old 12-21-2013, 09:54 AM

15,603 posts, read 40,539,112 times
Have to agree. If you are concerned about liability, why did you build it so close to the pipeline?

Old 12-21-2013, 10:15 AM

936 posts, read 2,206,803 times
There are usually state laws that cover the liability of public utilities, irrespective of who installed the system. You had to check the specifics of your state.

Old 12-21-2013, 01:06 PM

155 posts, read 378,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Pajama mama~ View Post
We bought a foreclosure in a subdivision in January. The listing agent ended up being our buyers agent. We were using another agent in the same office but once we submitted the offer..she started deferring us to the listing agent.

So I'm on a blueberry picking outing with other girls from the subdivison and they mentioned the one and only entrance being changed. As we own the property from the start of the neighborhood and on up is mountain..I was confused..and concerned. There is nowhere to move it other than on more of our property. We hadn't heard anything about this so this morning we went to the township to see the plans. OMG!!! The new entrance wraps completely around our house on 3 sides with a constuction right of way on the 4th. As well as a new county road crossing our property to the back. This is less than a 3 acre tract so we are talking in the backyard where my kids play. We are dumbfounded. It seems there were 2 condemnation easements recorded a couple of yrs ago with the bank holding the foreclosure getting compensated for them. We lose about 40% of our property. There is no way it would appraise for what it did considering the loss of land. We have contacted our closing attorney who is in court today..her paralegal couldn't tell us at what point or who should have disclosed this.I'm worried it's them. Can someone tell me where and by who in the process this should have been disclosed? The realtor? The bank? The closing attorney? How in the hell did this happen? I'm going to throw up.
I am sorry to hear of your situation. I hope you can get it resolved.

What is a condemnation easement?

Is a Transformer Easement a condemnation type of Easement?

Does a Transformer Easement affect resale? Thank you all for input.

Old 12-21-2013, 05:35 PM

2,288 posts, read 3,247,564 times
Darn, when this thread came up, I thought Pajama Mama had good news for us. Still rooting for you OP and watching for an end to your misery.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate