Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2010, 07:16 AM

2,249 posts, read 8,904,835 times

Advertisements

If the op got an unconditional release as they have stated, there is no protection period in effect anymore. The release was unconditional.

To the OP, if you want an agent to follow through and handle all of the stuff that needs to be done after the negotiations then you should find one or get an attorney to handle things. They'll have a set fee that you will know up front. There are also agents you can just have a set fee with that will handle all the things after negotiations. I see no reason whatsoever why you need to going back to the previous agent that you didn't have any faith in, at all. If you are ok with the brokerage the agent worked for, then go to the broker, explain the situation and get a good agent through them....if you want an agent at all.
Make sure that you get a commission agreement with this buyers broker for this PARTICULAR buyer before doing anything at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2010, 12:23 PM

1,024 posts, read 4,143,981 times
I would recommend finding a good agent to represent you only in this transaction. That person would hot have to market your home or find a buyer, and may well work for 1%. I advise against any dual agency transactions.

Old 06-05-2010, 04:20 PM

982 posts, read 3,490,231 times
I don't do dual agency, but I have been the only agent in transactions. One party agrees to self-represent, the other party is represented. It is totally possible to service your client and help the other party without affecting the integrity of the transaction. I'm something of a control freak, and prefer to be the only agent. Less room for things to be missed and I never have to deal with miscommunication.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ready2mov View Post
I have a thread in the general real estate forum..if you wanna catch up on the whole deal here is the link...No More Patience...or Time...Advice Please..

It is lengthy but long story short, was poorly represented by a listing agent/broker for 9 months..tried everything to get results and finally canceled our contract 30 days early per an unconditional withdrawal on May 31. I am in the process of interviewing new listing agents, but as of right now the home/listing has been withdrawn from the market. Yesterday, June 1, I receive a call from a BA that has shown my house several times before asking for a one time showing to her clients as she is aware it has been withdrawn from the market...I agree and let her show. Well, low and behold, her clients love the house and were ready to make an offer, however, they decided to finish looking at the houses they have scheduled for today. While on the phone with this BA she tells me do not sign anything with anyone..I can represent you both and be a dual agent...I have been in the business for a long time and have been a dual agent several times before..nothing new to me.

Okay, so I have not signed a contract with anyone...why would I want her to represent me...how could she possibly be looking out for my best interest while working for her buyers???

So basically, my question is how hard is it to or is it a good idea to represent myself in this matter? From some very quick research I have found that really the only part (minus the marketing and helping to sell my home) of the SA when it comes to the offer is the negotiation..working as my manager basically. Is this true?

Is there any paperwork that I would have on my part to come up with not being represented by a Realtor?

Would it be a good idea to offer her say 1% on top of her already 3% to make sure all the paperwork is taken care of on my part, to protect myself?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals