Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2018, 09:18 AM

7,244 posts, read 21,828,971 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana Holbrook View Post
Hmm... I don't think most thieves look online to see floor plan... most wouldn't be able to figure out a useful floor plan from pictures anyway. And the stuff... - is the stuff that belonged to the prior owner. So is the layout and floor plan, for that matter.
So using Matterport or Floorplans is not common in your market? It's very common in my market. I refuse to use Matterport because it's giving someone direct knowledge of the floorplan and where everything is in relation to doors and windows.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2018, 09:23 AM

14,534 posts, read 12,171,963 times
The Matterport thing or the floor plan could be taken out, I guess, without stripping out all the photos.

Old 10-01-2018, 12:13 PM

1,663 posts, read 1,582,556 times
Quote:

I just don’t see any good reason to delete them.
What's a good reason to keep them?

Old 10-01-2018, 12:26 PM

43,346 posts, read 77,209,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoamingTX View Post
What's a good reason to keep them?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
It should not be allowed on Closed listings.

Appraisers use those photos as part of their assessment of value.

At TMLS, we have "TMLS" watermarked on the photos, and that makes it harder to reuse them illicitly.
And, I would roll over on anyone who used my photos from a listing, and the MLS folks would step on them at that point.
Appraisers use those photos as part of their assessment of value.

If you have photos of your new house taken out of the MLS, will you allow appraisers access to your home to compare the interior to future sales, for the next 6 months or a year?
I would be more unhappy with THAT development.

Old 10-01-2018, 12:28 PM

Comps for market analysis and comps for appraisal, as explained above.

Property history when it goes back on the market 5 to 10 years later... we can look back and see what improvements and maintenance and changes have been done since it was last on the market. It’s frequently very helpful to be able to look back.

Old 10-01-2018, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Comps for market analysis and comps for appraisal, as explained above.

Property history when it goes back on the market 5 to 10 years later... we can look back and see what improvements and maintenance and changes have been done since it was last on the market. It’s frequently very helpful to be able to look back.
So. To enable someone else to make your job easier? (playing devils advocate here)

What does the improvement timeline mean for value?

Sorry - not buying it. It's not my responsibility as a buyer or a seller to provide an easy comp for anyone in the industry.

And I sure as hell don't need my brand of toilet paper broadcast.

That's what y'all take 7-8% of every transaction for.

Old 10-01-2018, 12:44 PM

43,346 posts, read 77,209,038 times
OOOOKKKK....
I'm outta here for lunch, which is not always the same as "Out To Lunch...."

Old 10-01-2018, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoamingTX View Post
So. To enable someone else to make your job easier? (playing devils advocate here)
To make your realtor's job easier too. To show the complete history of your property, and the properties you may want to buy. It's information. Why delete information?

Quote:
What does the improvement timeline mean for value?
It shows that since it was listed last, there are new floors, new roof, a new fence, new paint, new kitchen... It shows whatever has changed about the house.

Quote:
Sorry - not buying it. It's not my responsibility as a buyer or a seller to provide an easy comp for anyone in the industry.
Better data benefits the whole industry.

Quote:
And I sure as hell don't need my brand of toilet paper broadcast.
It's not your toilet paper... it's the toilet paper the previous owner used.

Quote:
That's what y'all take 7-8% of every transaction for.
You're very generous! Thanks!

Last edited by Diana Holbrook; 10-01-2018 at 01:02 PM..

Old 10-01-2018, 01:02 PM

Quote:
To make your realtor's job easier too. To show the complete history of your property, and the properties you may want to buy. It's information. Why delete information?

It shows that since it was listed last, there are new floors, no roof, a new fence, new kitchen...

Better data benefits the whole industry.

It's not your toilet paper... it's the toilet paper the previous owner used.

You're very generous! Thanks!
Like I said - playing devil's advocate.

I'm not certain that data benefits the buyer, while it may benefit the industry - what does that mean to me as a buyer? What about as a seller?

As for improvements, does it matter? Maybe I got a steal, cleaned it and flipped it - why should that hurt me?

Hey - if I'm selling, that's my TP. Doesn't convey with the property. I'l pay 7-8% by the time you factor realtor fees and closing costs, easy.

Old 10-01-2018, 01:08 PM

I know it has often benefited my buyers, to look through older photos of the house, one, two sometimes three transactions back. It gives good perspective on it's upkeep over time. It's interesting to know. More information is a good thing, IMHO.

As a permissions issue, I'm not sure new buyers really have a say, the pictures were taken by the old owner when they owned it... and once uploaded, they actually become the property of our MLS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals