Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2018, 12:07 PM

22,031 posts, read 9,614,490 times

Advertisements

New agent just called seller's agent and chatted with her, (seller's agent not knowing she is representing me now.) She told her no offers. My agent planted the it's overpriced seed again and I still need to call my old agent and let her know I am working with a different agent. I think I am the only party interested in it enough to buy. New agent is telling me to wait to offer. It's been on the market over 4 months.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2018, 01:03 PM

10,999 posts, read 22,042,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
New agent just called seller's agent and chatted with her, (seller's agent not knowing she is representing me now.) She told her no offers. My agent planted the it's overpriced seed again and I still need to call my old agent and let her know I am working with a different agent. I think I am the only party interested in it enough to buy. New agent is telling me to wait to offer. It's been on the market over 4 months.
I bolded the horrible advice. Why wait? Make an offer you're happy with. The only thing to gain by waiting is giving another buyer a chance to buy it while you wait. Maybe keep interviewing?

Old 09-17-2018, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon Hoffman View Post
I bolded the horrible advice. Why wait? Make an offer you're happy with. The only thing to gain by waiting is giving another buyer a chance to buy it while you wait. Maybe keep interviewing?
I don't necessarily disagree with you. She says I don't want to be the first offer, which would pi$$ of the sellers. The selling agent says 'They aren't desperate'.

Old 09-20-2018, 03:42 PM

3,546 posts, read 3,130,571 times
Quote:
No, I am talking about the home I am buying which the agent took me to. Between the time spent there, discussing it on the phone and showing me a few other homes, I would say she has clocked about 15 hours.

It's funny that you keep saying you are buying this house. Might help if you let the seller in on this. Until you make an offer, you're not even at the point where you could claim you are trying to buy it.

Old 09-20-2018, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piney Creek View Post
It's funny that you keep saying you are buying this house. Might help if you let the seller in on this. Until you make an offer, you're not even at the point where you could claim you are trying to buy it.
I was just using the term buying to differentiate from my house which I would be selling.

Old 09-24-2018, 03:25 PM

673 posts, read 468,542 times
Agents are nothing more tha salespeople...........like a used car salesperson. Dime a dozen.....fire them if you don't like them. There is always five more where they came from.

Old 09-24-2018, 05:41 PM

2,762 posts, read 3,195,634 times
This is one of those situations where the seller is not going to sell their house to you, and then a year later they are going to sell it to someone else for even less than you offered. Doesn't hurt to try though.

Put in an offer and see what happens. If it doesn't work out, move on. There are always other houses.

Also, I wouldn't get involved with whether your old agent makes any money. If you don't have a contract and aren't happy, move on. It isn't your responsibility.

And, when I did put in an offer, I would do it through the listing agent if that is allowed in your state. This deal is going to be tight, and you need all the help possible to get this deal done.

Old 09-24-2018, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by High Altitude View Post

And, when I did put in an offer, I would do it through the listing agent if that is allowed in your state. This deal is going to be tight, and you need all the help possible to get this deal done.
Ahhh...this is interesting. I have thought of this a little bit. It just bugs me a little knowing the realtor who is not helpful would get the full commission. I know it's not MY money.

Old 09-24-2018, 07:24 PM

2,762 posts, read 3,195,634 times
Quote:
Ahhh...this is interesting. I have thought of this a little bit. It just bugs me a little knowing the realtor who is not helpful would get the full commission. I know it's not MY money.
I say this because if the numbers come down to a small enough difference between you and the seller, and neither is willing to budge, it has been my experience that when the listing agent has both sides, they will give up one side to make the deal work.

I have done this many times.

On an over priced house, it might just make the difference between making a deal or not.

But, I would only do this if you where experienced in buying real estate. You don't have to be an expert, just familiar with the process and where to go for answers if need be. The buying agent, when you are the buyer, doesn't provide that much value. It isn't needed, especially when you have a specific property in mind.

Old 09-24-2018, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by High Altitude View Post
I say this because if the numbers come down to a small enough difference between you and the seller, and neither is willing to budge, it has been my experience that when the listing agent has both sides, they will give up one side to make the deal work.

I have done this many times.

On an over priced house, it might just make the difference between making a deal or not.

But, I would only do this if you where experienced in buying real estate. You don't have to be an expert, just familiar with the process and where to go for answers if need be.
I know a bit about it. I have bought a few houses in my life.

This selling agent has been known to let listings sit and sit. My friend made an offer on one of her houses and she sold it a year later for $130k less.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals