Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2018, 02:56 PM

14,569 posts, read 12,232,301 times

Advertisements

No title = no legal right to sell it.

You really need to start shopping in a better neighborhood.

Wherever you are finding these, is not for the faint of heart.

Beyond this point there be dragons...

Just sayin....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2018, 03:05 PM

14,516 posts, read 20,738,521 times
We did try another area, way out in rural areas but plenty of neighbors so it was not isolated. A further look shows it owned by Nationstar Mortgage and the previous owner was Sec. of Veterans Affairs. The tax billing address is in Texas. I am not seeing how long it was owned by Sec. of Veteran Affairs.

Old 08-09-2018, 03:14 PM

14,569 posts, read 12,232,301 times
When I say "better neighborhood" I don't just mean physical area.

I mean looking for legitimate arms-length sellers listing legal, sound properties at fair market value on the open market.

Not auction sites full of distressed sales, abandoned properties, foreclosures, and clouded titles.

There is sometimes money to be made there, but it's not for the faint of heart, it's risky business.

What are you looking for, Howard555, and why won't you enlist a local agent to work for you in finding it?

Old 08-09-2018, 07:36 PM

6,397 posts, read 5,524,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by howard555 View Post
Here's another one: CASH ONLY DEAL SELLER WILL NOT PROVIDE TITLE.

Who does provide the title on what is a large 3 acre property with 2000 square feet home and only certain type people could pay cash for that one.
Dude.....you need to hire a buyer's agent....yesterday.

They don't get paid until you close on a house.....and then the SELLER pays them.

Old 08-10-2018, 06:31 AM

11,230 posts, read 9,380,741 times
"Seller will not provide title"???????

Huh?

So what they are saying is "give me a bunch of money and you won't legally own the property"?????

And are you supposed to wire the money to a PO box in Nigeria, too?

Look, I am not an apologist for the real estate industry - far from it - but it sounds to me like you need to figure out what you want to buy and engage a proper real estate agent to find it for you. You sound like a guy running drunk around the worst part of town at 3 AM singing "I'm in the money!"

Old 08-10-2018, 06:33 AM

43,383 posts, read 77,310,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turf3 View Post
"Seller will not provide title"???????

Huh?

So what they are saying is "give me a bunch of money and you won't legally own the property"?????

And are you supposed to wire the money to a PO box in Nigeria, too?

Look, I am not an apologist for the real estate industry - far from it - but it sounds to me like you need to figure out what you want to buy and engage a proper real estate agent to find it for you. You sound like a guy running drunk around the worst part of town at 3 AM singing "I'm in the money!"
Actually, the "Seller will not provide title" is vague enough, no one knows what it says.
Vagueness is the enemy of smooth transactions.

Old 08-10-2018, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana Holbrook View Post
When I say "better neighborhood" I don't just mean physical area.
I mean looking for legitimate arms-length sellers listing legal, sound properties at fair market value on the open market.
Not auction sites full of distressed sales, abandoned properties, foreclosures, and clouded titles.
There is sometimes money to be made there, but it's not for the faint of heart, it's risky business.
What are you looking for, Howard555, and why won't you enlist a local agent to work for you in finding it?

Investment properties.

I went to the website which showed the first cash only property mentioned in this thread. I got 3 e-mails and 3 phone calls from real estate agents in under an hour. They explained their version of cash only and then wanted to assist in similar properties. We prefer to look around and when we find something then engage an agent.

As far as the one about title here is the entire description:
Owned by Nationstar Mortgage and the previous owner was Sec. of Veterans Affairs.
Large 3 Bedroom 2 Bath manufactured home on 3 acres. Large living area, dining room, split floor plan. Walk in closets. SOLD AS IS, Cash only. Seller will not provide title and will require buyer to sign a hold harmless agreement.

The last question was "seller will not provide title." Well that title is held by mortgage company and how would the Sec. of Veterans Affairs gained ownership and what does Secretary of Veterans Affairs tell us about the original owner which was an individual.

The seller is the mortgage company. The seller will not provide the title. Who will?

Old 08-10-2018, 08:43 AM

11,523 posts, read 14,686,984 times
I never remember "as is" in all of the years in Phoenix metro. I can't remember one actually. On the East Coast they seem to be everywhere. I guess because of more houses not being kept up or in bad condition, which I have found, in general, for same price.

Old 08-10-2018, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanny Goat View Post
I never remember "as is" in all of the years in Phoenix metro. I can't remember one actually. On the East Coast they seem to be everywhere. I guess because of more houses not being kept up or in bad condition, which I have found, in general, for same price.
Until myself and two partners began to look for investment properties, I had not seen a cash only sale. Now two in the last couple weeks as we look more closely. When we find something we like and meets our financials we will speak to an agent.

Old 08-10-2018, 08:57 AM

13,723 posts, read 12,493,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by howard555 View Post
Investment properties.

I went to the website which showed the first cash only property mentioned in this thread. I got 3 e-mails and 3 phone calls from real estate agents in under an hour. They explained their version of cash only and then wanted to assist in similar properties. We prefer to look around and when we find something then engage an agent.

As far as the one about title here is the entire description:
Owned by Nationstar Mortgage and the previous owner was Sec. of Veterans Affairs.
Large 3 Bedroom 2 Bath manufactured home on 3 acres. Large living area, dining room, split floor plan. Walk in closets. SOLD AS IS, Cash only. Seller will not provide title and will require buyer to sign a hold harmless agreement.

The last question was "seller will not provide title." Well that title is held by mortgage company and how would the Sec. of Veterans Affairs gained ownership and what does Secretary of Veterans Affairs tell us about the original owner which was an individual.

The seller is the mortgage company. The seller will not provide the title. Who will?
Hookay...Who gets VA loans? And what is a VA loan?

Don't you get that that's a really nice way of saying, "It's all messed up, to the point that between the Department of Veterans Affairs and Nationstar Mortgage and the poor sap that was foreclosed on, no one is going to expend further resources on this. You get to buy it at a discount, do all the crummy legal work, and hopefully, at the end, have a house that you DO have legal title to, and sell it to a normal buyer for more than you sold it."

If they could sell it nice and tidy to the Biology teacher at the local high school they wouldn't be selling it at a discount.

But the issue is convoluted enough that no traditional buyer will get a traditional mortgage because as it is right now, the issue of ownership is clouded enough that they won't get title insurance.

So, you buy it for cash and go through all the legal hoops to get that title, then you sell your investment for a tidy profit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals