Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2018, 11:57 PM

1,453 posts, read 1,494,766 times

Advertisements

I like your question. Would be nice to have a graph or good advice from someone.
One problem is though many people only worked for one broker, so they/we can't really give you the advice you need. Sometimes we worked for two brokers....so maybe we can compare two. If they worked for 3-4-5 different brokers, I'm not sure you want to take advice from them.

Another idea is that we were probably only new once. So often we might not have gone through new hire training at two brokerages.

Every broker will probably tell you they have great training, but you need to delve into the details more than their simple pitch.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2018, 12:01 PM

10 posts, read 7,580 times
Hello. I am an agent out of South Carolina. I interviewed with 12 brokerages before I chose Keller Williams. Keller Williams is the #1 training company world wide (across all industries). Keller Williams just became the #1 Real Estate company in the US. Keller Williams was voted by Forbes Magazine as the #1 place to work (industry wide). That's a lot of #1s. I've been at the same Keller Williams office for four years now and I don't see myself working anywhere else. I would book a meeting with the team leader at the KW office closest to you and ask about culture, education and profit share. Best to you and welcome to the Real Estate community.

Old 03-06-2018, 01:36 PM

43,347 posts, read 77,209,038 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdZ8522IMsk

Old 03-06-2018, 04:46 PM

1,528 posts, read 1,591,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikePRU View Post
This just illustrates the earlier point about how this varies so much by location.

I just left a Berkshire Hathaway office for Keller Williams because I felt I wasn't getting enough training. After being in this business for 10 years plus, I find myself learning a lot at Keller Williams that was never taught to me at Berkshire Hathaway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy Hutchison Sumner View Post
Hello. I am an agent out of South Carolina. I interviewed with 12 brokerages before I chose Keller Williams. Keller Williams is the #1 training company world wide (across all industries). Keller Williams just became the #1 Real Estate company in the US. Keller Williams was voted by Forbes Magazine as the #1 place to work (industry wide). That's a lot of #1s. I've been at the same Keller Williams office for four years now and I don't see myself working anywhere else. I would book a meeting with the team leader at the KW office closest to you and ask about culture, education and profit share. Best to you and welcome to the Real Estate community.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
Sounds like MikePru and Kathy have done their homework and chose what's right for them and their careers. Some people aim for excellence and continual learning while others are happy to drown in their own arrogance. Frankly, MikePru runs circles around you on this forum - communicates better, listens better, has a better tone, is more humble, more mature, more understanding, has much more knowledge. Appears better educated. His contribution here suggests that he's an excellent agent. Perhaps you should be more quiet and try to learn from him rather than ridicule his choices.

I have absolutely no reason to defend KW but please stop it with the cool aid references. It's not funny and really tiring.

Old 03-06-2018, 06:43 PM

15,586 posts, read 40,472,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by just_because View Post
Sounds like MikePru and Kathy have done their homework and chose what's right for them and their careers. Some people aim for excellence and continual learning while others are happy to drown in their own arrogance. Frankly, MikePru runs circles around you on this forum - communicates better, listens better, has a better tone, is more humble, more mature, more understanding, has much more knowledge. Appears better educated. His contribution here suggests that he's an excellent agent. Perhaps you should be more quiet and try to learn from him rather than ridicule his choices.

I have absolutely no reason to defend KW but please stop it with the cool aid references. It's not funny and really tiring.
MikeJ used to be an agent with KW so his comments come with some knowledge.

Old 03-06-2018, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfall View Post
MikeJ used to be an agent with KW so his comments come with some knowledge.
Well....
Obviously, MikeJ made no comment about KW.
KW is a fine company
And, is well-known for serving up copious amounts of Red Kool-aid that is routinely shared by eager associates.

Old 03-06-2018, 07:38 PM

8,547 posts, read 14,048,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by just_because View Post

Thanks! That's very kind of you to say.

I actually have an incredible amount of respect for Mike J. IMO, he's a great agent.

Mike likes to have a little bit of fun from time-to-time and there's nothing wrong with that. I'm certainly not offended by the Kool Aid references. Having just been at the KW convention, I can tell you there are a number of people that are a just little too into being at KW.

Mike spends an incredible amount of his time on the internet preaching to agents to be ethical and to fulfill their fiduciary duty to their clients rather than looking out for their own wallets. You don't see those conversations because many of them happen on Facebook in private groups. He also doles out some really solid advice here on C-D.

Perhaps, Mike's dry wit is not your thing but I will say the man has a ton of patience when it comes to fighting the good fight that I just do not have.

Great agents come in many different forms and IMO Mike J (and a lot of the folks here C-D) are definitely on that list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
Well....
Obviously, MikeJ made no comment about KW.
KW is a fine company
And, is well-known for serving up copious amounts of Red Kool-aid that is routinely shared by eager associates.
Luckily for me, I love Kool Aid. Although, I've always been partial to grape. Remember that ecto-cooler flavor? Was that Kool Aid??

Old 03-06-2018, 08:04 PM

14,536 posts, read 12,171,963 times
I am also a KW agent... and I only drink what they tell me I have to drink... no more... no less.

Old 03-06-2018, 08:28 PM

40,955 posts, read 49,248,569 times
Well I had something brilliant to say but OP's not been back in a week after their 2 first posts so I'll save my wisdom.

Old 03-07-2018, 05:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Well I had something brilliant to say but OP's not been back in a week after their 2 first posts so I'll save my wisdom.
You.Hate.Kool-Aid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals