Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2017, 05:57 AM

43,431 posts, read 77,376,329 times

Advertisements

I love eBay...

Make an Offer. Delivered, no tax, maybe $1200? Of course, the measurements matter....

https://www.ebay.com/itm/GE-JRP28SKS...8AAOSwE-laAM6l

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...p2045573.m1684

And, you might check eBay to replace the burnt out control board. Lots of folks sell NOS or part out old stuff and sell the components.
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odk...trols&_sacat=0

And Bing found me this site:
https://www.midwestapplianceparts.co...bulf78snv59f97

Last edited by MikeJaquish; 11-24-2017 at 06:28 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2017, 07:57 AM

8,177 posts, read 8,404,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
I love eBay...

Make an Offer. Delivered, no tax, maybe $1200? Of course, the measurements matter....

https://www.ebay.com/itm/GE-JRP28SKS...8AAOSwE-laAM6l

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...p2045573.m1684

And, you might check eBay to replace the burnt out control board. Lots of folks sell NOS or part out old stuff and sell the components.
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odk...trols&_sacat=0

And Bing found me this site:
https://www.midwestapplianceparts.co...bulf78snv59f97
Thanks so much and Ebay was the first place I had already checked. The only oven control boards that match my model on Ebay or anywhere was the service I mentioned in my post that will refurbish. My service tech will only deal with a service he already uses and I need him to remove and replace the control board for any sort of warranty (plus the house is in Dallas and I am in Las Vegas right now).

I can only get a specific Whirlpool model for the cabinet cutout needed and, in fact, even that new model will require a bit of carpentry. And then I still have to pay someone to install the new wall oven and remove and dispose of the existing one.

I know there’s no perfect answer!

Old 11-24-2017, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaynarie View Post
Is there room somewhere to stick a normal range/stove? Just ignore the wall oven and put in a regular stove? They'd have two cook tops, a functioning oven, and you can pick up a used one for cheap.

If not possible, I guess I'd go with refurbishing it if you can't find a used replacement. Almost half the price and you've pretty much said it will be unusable after the tenants leave. I would make sure there is a warranty on the work/parts though.
This is a good idea, and there is possibly room. But don’t standing ovens require specific eletrical outlets....not just plugged in to any outlet?

Old 11-24-2017, 08:58 AM

43,431 posts, read 77,376,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldKlas View Post
Thanks so much and Ebay was the first place I had already checked. The only oven control boards that match my model on Ebay or anywhere was the service I mentioned in my post that will refurbish. My service tech will only deal with a service he already uses and I need him to remove and replace the control board for any sort of warranty (plus the house is in Dallas and I am in Las Vegas right now).

I can only get a specific Whirlpool model for the cabinet cutout needed and, in fact, even that new model will require a bit of carpentry. And then I still have to pay someone to install the new wall oven and remove and dispose of the existing one.

I know there’s no perfect answer!
You got yourself a sticky wicket indeed...

Ouch.

Old 11-24-2017, 09:51 AM

34,151 posts, read 83,233,735 times
Quote:
No, can’t find in any resale shops..
You haven't looked. LINK

If selling (or renting) then working counts. Matching doesn't.

Old 11-24-2017, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRational View Post
You haven't looked. LINK

If selling (or renting) then working counts. Matching doesn't.
Nope. No 24” used Whirlpool (the only one that fits the cabinetry) double wall ovens for sale. I talked to 5 diff repair places and told them the part needed. None have it and all said they would have to remove the control board and send it in for refurbishments. I spent a whole day shopping and phoning for used ones.

Its boils down to $2K for a new one or $1K for refurbished part. Costs include install fees and taxes as well as products.

Yes, I do understand that — regardless of renting or selling the place —- a working oven is necessary.

Old 11-24-2017, 11:04 AM

15,603 posts, read 40,539,112 times
You would need to install a new electrical outlet, but I'd get a cheap electric range/oven and change a kitchen outlet to the 4 prong needed. It would still be way cheaper than what you are talking about.

Is there no way to cut the cabinet to fit a standard 30"? I still think that would be cheaper than buying that speciality size.

Old 11-24-2017, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfall View Post
You would need to install a new electrical outlet, but I'd get a cheap electric range/oven and change a kitchen outlet to the 4 prong needed. It would still be way cheaper than what you are talking about.

Is there no way to cut the cabinet to fit a standard 30"? I still think that would be cheaper than buying that speciality size.
Unfortunately cabinet cannot be trimmed 3” on each side.
I thought a whole new electrical line had to be run to the place for a new stove because they need greater current than the standard outlet. (That’s what I read on google)

Old 11-24-2017, 11:19 AM

15,603 posts, read 40,539,112 times
Quote:
Unfortunately cabinet cannot be trimmed 3” on each side.
I thought a whole new electrical line had to be run to the place for a new stove because they need greater current than the standard outlet. (That’s what I read on google)
Yes you need a new line and I think it would still be cheaper than what you are taking about.

It doesn't have to be centered. Can you lose a cabinet on one side to make a 30" fit?

Old 11-24-2017, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfall View Post
Yes you need a new line and I think it would still be cheaper than what you are taking about.

It doesn't have to be centered. Can you lose a cabinet on one side to make a 30" fit?
Its a pretty tight fit at the 24” width, can’t seem to attach the photo, but less than 2” on each side of cabinet now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals