Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2014, 09:24 PM

36 posts, read 69,238 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I just got my Real Estate license and need to find a sponsoring broker. I have a full time job and would like to work as part time real estate agent. My job is flexible and allows to work as Real estate agent and in the beginning I am looking to buy an investment home.

I would like to get some advice on sponsoring broker. I am looking for following criteria -

1) Allows Part-time RE agents
2) Provides training, mentoring and partnering with one of their experienced agents on few initial deals
3) Low monthly cost/fees and close to 100% commision splits.
4) I would prefer to work from home with some office time.

Can you recommend any sponsoring brokers? I am interested in Plano, Frisco, Carrolton, Richardson, Wylie and Allen residential areas.

I came across few brokers who allow to keep 100% commission with as low as $60 to $150 per month and a low per transaction fee but I would like to hear from others.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2014, 09:36 PM

Default Dallas - New part time Real Estate agent looking for Sponsoring Broker advice

Hi,

I just got my Real Estate license and need to find a sponsoring broker. I have a full time job and would like to work as part time real estate agent. My job is flexible and allows to work as Real estate agent. To start with I am looking to buy an investment home for myself

I would like to get some advice on sponsoring broker. I am looking for following criteria -

2) Provides training, mentoring and partnering with one of their experienced agents on few initial deals
3) Low fixed monthly cost/fees and close to high commision splits (if possible 100%).

I came across few brokers who allow to keep 100% commission with as low as $60 to $150 per month and a low per transaction fee but I would like to hear from others.

Can you recommend any sponsoring brokers? I am interested in Plano, Frisco, Carrolton, Richardson, Wylie and Allen residential areas.

Thanks for your advice

Old 02-27-2014, 07:13 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,162,125 times
You want a Broker to provide you training, an office and almost 100% commission while you only work part time ?

Good luck with that.

Old 02-27-2014, 07:22 AM

You want a Broker to provide you training, an office and almost 100% commission while you only work part time ?

Good luck with that, it may be difficult to find. Most brokers you park a part time license provide no Office space or training.

Old 02-27-2014, 07:45 AM

43,269 posts, read 77,073,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post

Good luck with that, it may be difficult to find. Most brokers you park a part time license provide no Office space or training.
Right. It is a cheap business to be in, but not THAT cheap.
And, a part timer who wants to be an investor?
Who looks around to recruit THAT liability?

Old 02-27-2014, 08:25 AM

Rakin/MikeJaquish,

Thanks for your response & advice. As I am new to this, I did not frame my question correctly.

What should I expect for commission split and monthly fees? I came across some brokers who were charging flat fee of $60 to $150/month, office space as needed, ~$250 per transaction fee and offer 100% commision. I am guessing these would not offer much training or support.

Do you have recommendation for brokers who would support part-time RE agents with training & support?

Old 02-27-2014, 09:38 AM

1,835 posts, read 3,264,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfwre11 View Post
Hi,

I just got my Real Estate license and need to find a sponsoring broker. I have a full time job and would like to work as part time real estate agent. My job is flexible and allows to work as Real estate agent and in the beginning I am looking to buy an investment home.

3) Low monthly cost/fees and close to 100% commision splits.

Thanks
Look for places like Champions real estate etc. They charge a flat fee per transaction for agents and you keep commissions. You pay your own MLS fees, and there are generally no monthly fees. You do pay for the training and CE, but you would expect that. They generally offer group offices but I have no idea how that works out. championsrealestategroup.com/‎

You can also pay to get onto the Dallas MLS as a non-active agent (since your license is not with a broker yet) and you will start getting spammed with hundreds of Brokers offering this service (At least Houston does)

I did a fast google search and came up with this one in Dallas:
100% Commission: Real Estate Careers in Dallas, TX | Ambiance Realty

I don't have any experience with them, but I think flat fee brokerage is very fair, and should and likely may be how much of the industry turns as the internet continues to drive 80+% of real estate now.

Old 02-27-2014, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post

Good luck with that.
Rakin, it exists. As much as that bucks the industry standard there are lots of brokers that offer exactly that.

Old 02-27-2014, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfwre11 View Post
Rakin/MikeJaquish,

Thanks for your response & advice. As I am new to this, I did not frame my question correctly.

What should I expect for commission split and monthly fees? I came across some brokers who were charging flat fee of $60 to $150/month, office space as needed, ~$250 per transaction fee and offer 100% commision. I am guessing these would not offer much training or support.

Do you have recommendation for brokers who would support part-time RE agents with training & support?
What you have found is what is out there. Houston has no monthly fee brokers, that just split commissions. I would look into the issue of self interested closing, there are some rules about that at most brokerages, how many transactions you can do for yourself, etc.

Traditional full time agents loathe agents like you b/c they poach low hanging fruit by diverting sales from them and often offer sub-par performance thus, further reducing the reputation of many real estate agents.

Not that you will be low performing, but there are thousands of terrible agents out there...

Old 02-27-2014, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marksmu View Post
Rakin, it exists. As much as that bucks the industry standard there are lots of brokers that offer exactly that.
Yes there are Brokers that offer a place for a part timer to park a license and earn some income.

But there are few Full Service brokers who offer office space, training and pay close to a 100% commission. Many full service Brokers will not even consider part timers and part timers cannot usually afford the desk fees to work for the higher % Brokers.

As you know, office space, equipment, staff support and training costs a lot of money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals