Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-26-2007, 01:03 PM

2,249 posts, read 8,919,667 times

Advertisements

I was wondering what if any advertising does your brokerage do? Are the leads that come from the advertising handed out on a rotation basis, given to the 'up' person or does the broker keep them? Is there a fee for these leads? If you are a broker, would you consider just running ads with your name and phone number not the office number and then charging a 50% fee to the agent you give the lead to?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2007, 02:25 PM

6,957 posts, read 22,387,194 times
All leads that come through our website come to my email and are passed on to the agent of the day. No strings attached. The exception is if they don't make it to the weekly staff meeting they aren't eligible to get leads for the week. The one agent who attends religiously is very appreciative of those that don't

If I answer the phone and they want to talk about a listing, I ask them to hang on while I get you an agent to talk to.

I operate on the old 50/50 split model, but I pay for everything. If an agent wants to do additional advertising, they can on their nickel. Different models would require a different approach. When I offered everyone a desk fee/higher split model they all ran and hid

Old 11-26-2007, 05:42 PM

8,590 posts, read 12,448,485 times
Our office operates in a manner similar to DMenscha. Broker pays for magazine ads and open house ads. Anything else comes from my pocket--visual tour, extra newspaper ads, etc.

If someone calls on a listing and the listing agent is not in the office, (and not one of the agents that pay higher desk fees and keep all of the commission) the call goes to the agent on floor time. Same for walk-ins.

The leads depend on the type to an extent. Frankly I would LOVE for leads to be dependent upon attendance at our weekly sales meeting.

Old 11-26-2007, 11:45 PM

11,029 posts, read 22,103,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by palmcoasting View Post
I was wondering what if any advertising does your brokerage do? Are the leads that come from the advertising handed out on a rotation basis, given to the 'up' person or does the broker keep them? Is there a fee for these leads? If you are a broker, would you consider just running ads with your name and phone number not the office number and then charging a 50% fee to the agent you give the lead to?
I work for a large ERA franchise with 15 branches and over 450 agents. We are heavily branded in my market and the company does pay for a lot of advertising. Ad calls are given to the listing agent. Walk ins go to the agent on floor duty. Some ad generated responses (billboards/ mag. ads, etc. go to home department and are referred back out w/ referral fee but it's business the agent wouldn't have had anyway.) Our BIC's do not list w/ exceptions of some loyal past clients that come back but our BIC's do not actively seek clients but hand out leads to agents.

We are a principal relo brokerage in Columbia, SC through the Cartus Network and the preferred military broker and have a fully staffed Relo department. Relo leads are given only to designated agents and are not on a rotating basis. They try to match them up clients/ agents that will be a good fit.

Old 11-27-2007, 06:01 AM

2,249 posts, read 8,919,667 times
Thank you for answering. I work for a competing broker and realize now that I have always worked where the broker was competing. Leads being handed out are at a 50% split on TOP of what our normal split would be. Only walk-ins (not many right now) are free, calls that come in on the company line that no particular agent is asked for don't carry an extra fee. I've never seen a lead yet from the company website that wasn't handled as a lead from the broker carrying the extra 50% split. There is no "company" advertising, everyone has to do their own advertising.
We don't have weekly meetings. We don't have monthly meetings. We have sporatic meetings. Most agents don't show up. We are all on different splits mine being 80/20 and I'm assuming that is the norm for most in there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals