Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2013, 05:50 AM

775 posts, read 871,883 times

Advertisements

Just refer those that you acquire on Craigslist and let someone more experienced than you filter out the unscrupulous from the dedicated and honest purchasers. These are few and far between on Craigslist. Additionally, expect for the next year or so, all kinds of very weird emails from disingenuous individuals. You did yourself no favors here. Keep improving your property as much as you can....make sure it has curb appeal and first and foremost, the price must be at market value...not the "I need" value.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2013, 11:03 AM

32,780 posts, read 48,545,456 times
"Buyers" from Craigslist might be someone who is looking for an owner carry mortgage. I get offered no money down, low payments, bad credit people contacting me all the time.

Every time I have a house for rent, I will get a dozen people who want to buy it rent-to-own. I will also get offers from "investors" who want me to sell "subject to". In short, I sign over the house but I keep the mortgage. They then sell it on rent to own to an unqualified buyer. They get the down payment money and I get the ding on my credit report when the "buyers" don't pay. I get to do the eviction and repair all the damage.

There are a few real buyers checking on Craigslist, but just be careful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals