Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2007, 11:13 AM

333 posts, read 1,993,631 times

Advertisements

Well, I had that 3rd showing...the pb 's agent came by and picked up the HOA documents earlier in the week...I was told by her that her client really likes my house and probably will put in an offer..although I am not getting overly excited...she may just be telling me what I want to hear. She told me that he was just getting all his stuff together<finding out how much things cost> and then asked if I would could be out before Thanksgiving.

Anyhow, I called my agent right away and told her everything that was said. I was very careful not to say anything, just in case she was fishing for info<the pb's agent that is>. My agent said she will get our old radon test since the pb's agent was interested in it..and that would give her another opportunity to call her the pb's agent to try and get this done.

We also have people that came through twice that haven't put their house up for sale yet. It is between our house and another..but haven't heard anything else.

I believe my agent is pretty aggressive and knows what she is doing. However, I haven't heard from since the beginning of the week..and I am dying to know what is going on..are we getting close to getting an offer? Has he cooled on our house? etc., etc. But, I also don't want to harass my agent. I know she is working for me..but sometimes you also just have to let them do their jobs..so do I call her since I am wondering..or wait until she calls me? She has called me before when she had news...but I think she also wants to protect me and not get my hopes up.

Do you agents have your clients call you a lot? When does it get annoying? I also want to know about that other couple..did they put their house up? Are they still considering mine?

Thxs guys!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2007, 11:29 AM

582 posts, read 2,011,503 times
I would go ahead and call her since it has been that long. I probably drive my agent crazy, but we're also becoming pretty good friends in the meantime so I don't think she minds. In this market it's understandable to want all the information you can get because selling is not easy to begin with right now. I don't think she would mind if you gave her a call.

Old 10-18-2007, 11:34 AM

1,177 posts, read 4,163,496 times
jenn, when I have a listing client we will discuss communications before the house is listed. At the least, I will call my clients(or email a status report if they request) every Monday to review activity over the past week and discuss any changes that need to be made. If something comes up between status reports that needs to be discussed or communicated I encourage them to call or email me and I do the same with them. I personally prefer email when appropriate as I am unavailable many times with other clients when a person tries to call me. Since you are obviously anxious(and appropriately so) about feedback on a potential offer I would suggest you email your agent and ask for an update. I respond to my emails every morning and every evening. Some may not do it this frequently. If you haven't heard from your agent within 24 hours max I'd call. Also, if you would like more frequent feedback from your agent just tell her and come to an understanding as to what is agreeable by both of you. Hope this helps.

Old 10-18-2007, 11:53 AM

2,124 posts, read 8,855,137 times
I second gbone. I would send an email just asking if she has heard anything on either prospect.... and then if you don't hear from via email or a phone call by tomorrow, lob a call into her. she may be busy with a buyer client or something else, or there isn't much to report yet.

shelly

Old 10-19-2007, 06:39 AM

2,249 posts, read 8,908,646 times
There is nothing wrong with giving her a call and asking her if she's heard anything. I wouldn't be bothered and as an agent and someone who's also been a buyer/seller, I understand the anxiousness. I'm quite sure she does too.

Old 10-19-2007, 08:18 AM

4,796 posts, read 15,390,978 times
I also agree with gbone.....but since you have had a 3rd showing and provided the HOA and things are speeding up, I think a call would not be out of line. For everyday questions, or general updates, I agree an e would be plenty.

Fingers still crossed for you!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals