Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2011, 09:16 AM

4,145 posts, read 10,466,563 times

Advertisements

Looked at a ranch with my buyers. It was overpriced. Sellers knew it was priced too high (I knew the sellers). We made a very good cash offer of $3m with a quick close. List price was $5m. Would have gone up to $3.5m, which would have been more than appraised value.

Response from listing agent (via text msg) was "Tell ur clients 2 quit smoking crack and get in to the big leagues"

Don't think my offer ever made it to the sellers. My buyer and I laughed about it and he said he'd never look at one of this agent's properties again. And we proceeded to go buy a different ranch, and also a $1.5m house on 20 acres.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2011, 11:48 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,462,947 times
OH....this one takes the cake, just happened...agent comes out to pull my sign and tells me he didn't know this place had been for sale. Yes it was listed with his office but anyway he tells me he has a client interested in something like this so I ask him if he would like to pre view it for his buyers, since he was at the front door, drove the 40 mins out and all....No I am to busy, I have to go feed my dog.

Old 08-04-2011, 05:29 PM

7,784 posts, read 14,953,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LisainCali View Post
Total lie from the agent (one of many) and when I called her out on it, she told me to "chill.". When she sent the Contingency Removal form, they didn't remove the loan contingency.

Idiot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevcrawford View Post
Response from listing agent (via text msg) was "Tell ur clients 2 quit smoking crack and get in to the big leagues"
As of late I have had a bevy of EXCEPTIONALLY unprofessional Realtors involved in transactions with me. This kind of thing drives me NUTS!

Old 08-04-2011, 06:21 PM

43,601 posts, read 77,777,054 times
A few years ago, I had another agent suggest we pop down to the courthouse and subdivide a parcel of land I had listed, to help the clients out.
Really.

Old 08-04-2011, 07:46 PM

3,720 posts, read 10,052,281 times
We have a couple listing agents in our area that always have "call listing agent" as the showing instructions, and they always want to be there for the showing. In 2 weekends, I had 4 no-shows by the listing agent and the owners did not know I was coming. These were out of state clients and they all lost a potential sale b/c the buyers couldn't just reschedule. Ridiculous!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals