Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2010, 12:02 PM

57 posts, read 141,505 times

Advertisements

I love dinner movies and I wanted to know how is Raleighwood cinema grill? We will be visiting Raleigh this weekend from Orlando and hope to try it out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2010, 12:06 PM

804 posts, read 2,004,659 times
i haven't been there in probably 4-5 years so it may be different. my recollection was that it was reasonably clean & a decent experience. the food is nothing to write home about as it's what you'd get at a typical bar & grill sort of place. the prices were a bit high but i suppose one is paying for the experience of eating & watching the movie. i did have a waitress spill a drink down my back but i think it was just an off night for her. i've never heard anybody else indicate they've had a similar issue.

be sure to get there early enough to get a decent seat. it fills up quick & some seats aren't great.

Old 05-27-2010, 12:12 PM

57 posts, read 141,505 times
Are there any other cinema grills in the area that show newer movies?

Old 05-27-2010, 05:25 PM

1,074 posts, read 3,247,141 times
It's fine, but it's definitely nothing to come to town for. The seats are just office chairs, so my butt felt like it did at work all day. Not necessarily the most comfortable, but not too bad. By necessity, your show will be interrupted as waitresses ask you and everyone around you if you need refills or etc. I thought it was a reasonably good time due to the fact that it's close by. I feel like if I came in from out of town to go there, it would be a disappointment.

Random fact: instead of movie trivia or ads, they played a video of a Tina Turner concert before the show.

Old 05-27-2010, 07:18 PM

260 posts, read 545,888 times
I absolutely hate the Tina Turner extravaganza thing! I much preferred the Muppets... or the football stuff.

It isn't a bad place, but the food is just lower average. Yes, it is clean and the people are always nice. We go there rather often - more for the whole experience rather than "good food". You can eat as much or as little as you want. If you don't want to spend a lot, maybe just plan on a drink and a hot fudge sunday. We've done that before in the afternoon.

Have fun!

Old 05-28-2010, 05:29 AM

1,515 posts, read 6,984,044 times
I think the previous reviews pretty much says it all. The food is a bit pricey, and some of it has the same quality as microwave food. I do however, recommend the orange soda drinks (it tastes like a creamicle). My family would go to Red, Hot & blue for dinner, and then Baskin Robbins for dessert. Both are side by side and next to the theater. Over all, its in a decent shopping center. (There's also a chick-fil-a and I think a Moe's).

I recommend getting there early (early enough that you can nab one of the two tables with chairs in the lobby, otherwise you will be standing for 30-45 mins), find a section in the seating area that has enough room (its a tight fight) and order some popcorn if you want an inexpensive night.

There's also a drive-in somewhere outside of Raleigh if you want to go that route.

Old 05-28-2010, 07:50 AM

447 posts, read 1,620,072 times
I like Raleighwood. I didn't find the show to be interrupted by the waitstaff. They take the food and drink orders before the show starts. They do clear away the plates and take dessert orders during the show but it isn't disruptive. I've tried several things on the menu - hamburgers, wings, and chicken cordon bleu sandwich and enjoyed them all. The seats are stadium level type seating so you can see over the heads in front of you - unless you are sitting in the "2nd row" type seats on one of the levels. I'd recommend getting there about 40 minutes early to snag one of the seats at the counter type seats.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary