Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2006, 12:19 PM

37 posts, read 214,343 times

Advertisements

Hi all,
I'll be going to Raleigh for the weekend in Sept/Oct. Is there anything to check out while I am there? I have never been there before, therefore I am looking for ideas. (i.e., fun, bars, clubs, hang out places, areas for investment property, condos, scenic area, etc..)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2006, 12:37 PM

1,531 posts, read 7,426,571 times
That's a good time to visit. Early fall here is great.
What are you most interested in? I could name bars & clubs left and right, but it'd help if I knew which scene you're more interested in (type of music, singles bars, sports bars, wine bars, etc). The vast majority of nightlife is in the greater downtown section. (downtownraleigh.com is a good site to find things to see, do, etc)
Then there's the touristy stuff...museums, shopping, etc. Into that?

Old 07-26-2006, 12:42 PM

Not really into Museums and stuff.. however as for bars, nice laid back crowd with not so loud music. I am usually open to ideas and willing to try out new things.
I guess another purpose is to own some investment properties there if there are any left.

Old 07-26-2006, 01:18 PM

1,531 posts, read 7,426,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesiiLiciouss
Not really into Museums and stuff.. however as for bars, nice laid back crowd with not so loud music. I am usually open to ideas and willing to try out new things.
I guess another purpose is to own some investment properties there if there are any left.
A few I like...of various types:
Cafe Cyclo. In Cameron Village. Asian fusion food/coffeehouse/lounge/bar all in one.
Humble Pie. South Harrington St at West Dave St. Tapas bar.
Bickett Gallery & Bar. Bickett Blvd at Fairview Rd. Bar & Art Gallery combo.
Player's Retreat. Oberlin Rd at Hillsborough St. Sports bar with burgers, etc.
Red Room. Glenwood Ave South at West Johnson St. Tapas/Spanish bar.
42nd Street Oyster Bar. West Jones Street at N. West Street. Seafood Bar.
Mitch's Tavern. Hillsborough Street across from NCSU. Tavern/pub with good food.

I'll leave the investment property info to the real estate agents.

Old 07-26-2006, 02:10 PM

Cool.. thanks for your help Will definitely check out few and will give you my feedback
thanks again
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary