Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-18-2010, 10:34 PM

5 posts, read 17,979 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone.. actually lived in raleigh/apex areas for about 15 years until 2005 but owned on West Lake.. going back now for indeterminate period ... lots of trips to Duke and UNC (medical) .. and would like to be no more than 30-40 minutes (mostly non-rush hour) from those two places. Know nothing about apartment situation but probably prefer NW Raleigh, nothing east of Capitol, more northerly areas of Apex through Morrisville would be OK. Less congested areas of Cary also OK. Prefer complexes with some attractive open space. Other pluses and/or amenities may include pool, weight room etc. (preferably uncongested by hyper types). yes! we are an older but not decrepit couple). w/d in apartment would be nice .. 2 bedroom minimum .. 6 mth lease options possibility ... not high rises .. 3 floor max.. minimum 700-800 sq ft... clean, modern apartments ..or at least upgraded ..strong management.. plenty of light a big plus.. not at all familiar with Carrboro or Chapel Hill but would avoid student neighborhoods. Probably not interested in Durham although I know there are great neighborhoods but just seems too spotty ..maybe closer to RTP or south side of I40? ..Don't know? Also, unfamiliar with areas just east of RTP although some seem OK.. Like everyone ..would like to save a buck but not at the expense of safety, comfort or convenience ..in that order.. Thanking you all in advance.
Some complexes anyone might care to comment on?? Berkshires on Lynn Lake, the Columns, Brampton Moors, Hyde Park, Brook Arbor, Weston Lakes, the Timbers, Sailboat Bay, Camden Crest, Lexington Farms, Sommerset Place, Carrington Park, Marquis Cary or Preston, Camden Lake or what about Ashford Lakes in Hillsborough?? or anyone of someone's favorites.. I will respond ..If you prefer email me

Moderator cut: NOT a good idea to post your personal e-mail on a public forum

Thanks Pat & Jack

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 01-29-2010 at 03:25 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2010, 02:04 PM

13 posts, read 30,528 times
check raleighrent.com or chepelhillrent.com most lanlords post their properties there...I will avoid hwy 40 on rush hour!!

Old 01-29-2010, 04:27 PM

683 posts, read 1,884,764 times
I've lived in Brampton Moors since June and absolutely love it here. The complex is older so the apartments are not as 'fancy' and up-to-date as some of the newer places, but they are well maintained and comfortable. In my opinion, the lower rent definitely makes up for it. The largest apartment size is 2 bedroom/975 sq. feet.

The apartments have large windows so there is a lot of natural light. Washers and dryers are not included but can be rented for $30/month. Personally I use the laundry room and I'm very happy with it.

What I like most about living here are the amenities. There are volleyball, basketball and tennis courts. The pool is great and does not get very crowded in the summer. The new-and-improved fitness center just re-opened a few weeks ago but I have not been over to check it out yet.

Most importantly, the complex surrounds a small lake with Greenway trails that lead to Bond Park:

Oxxford Hunt Greenway
The Oxxford Hunt Greenway is 1.5 miles is both paved and unpaved. The trailhead is located near the corner of Normandale Drive and West Chatham Street. This trail leads into Bond Park. Before the trail enters Bond Park, it is a private trail open for public use. Once into Bond Park, the trail is paved and links directly to the Bond Park Boathouse.

It's a quiet and peaceful neighborhood. No loud parties, no screaming kids - at least in my general area, anyway. And the people I have met here are very nice.

I can't really comment on the management since I have not had a need to contact them since I moved in. They seem nice though.

I spend a lot of time walking around the lake and taking pictures. If you are interested in what the lake looks like, feel free to mail me your email address and I can send you a link to my web albums.

Old 01-29-2010, 05:06 PM

46 posts, read 130,127 times
I just moved in at Chancery Village. It is NW Cary and love it. It has all the amenities you are looking for plus washer/dryer included in apt. Carrington in Morrisville is also a very nice apt complex and there is a Duke Medical/urgent care within walking distance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary