Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2010, 04:51 PM

1,335 posts, read 3,149,862 times

Advertisements

Looking to buy a "new" used car locally, and I'm wondering which dealerships you've had a good experience with. Specifically, we are looking for a premium/luxury sedan (lexus, acura, etc.) with low miles on it.

In your post, please state if you are posting from experience as a customer, as a dealer, or comments from other people.

One of the places that looks interesting to me is Westgate Motors, so if you have experience with them (good or bad) I'd like to know too.

Thanks,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2010, 05:41 PM

1,106 posts, read 3,533,827 times
Chip at Atlantic Auto Exchange is good guy and has great cars. You will not get a car for thousands under blue book but you will get a great car as he will not put anything on his lot that isn't.

Ultimate Imports is also decent. They have all the luxury you need. I haven't ever bought a car from them but always shop them and the guys there are very nice and will work with you.

Both of these dealers have nice and good cars. I have never seen any junk on their lots so I wouldn't worry about that. The only thing left is to negotiate price.

And always, try craigslist as you can get to know the owner of the car and see and judge how you feel they took care of the car. This is what I would go with.

Old 01-17-2010, 09:22 PM

24 posts, read 63,317 times
The best one hands down is Anchor Auto Sales in Fuquay. They are on 401 South near Wake Tech so they aren't too far from Raleigh. The owner, Husam, really knows his stuff. They have a huge selection (almost 200 cars) and their prices are really good. They do not really negotiate but they are already below everybody else so they don't need too. I just picked up a loaded 2004 Pathfinder (only 50k miles) a couple months ago for a great deal and I can truly say their cars are really clean. I'm definitely going back there again.

Old 01-18-2010, 02:04 AM

2,459 posts, read 8,078,887 times
Atlantic Auto Exchange would be my bet. Chip knows his product and is fair to deal with. As noted above you'll get a solid car, but expect to pay what the market value is.
The only caveat I'd have is they tend to have more of the luxury sport type of product as opposed to pure luxury. Think M series BMW as opposed to Lexus but they list inventory on their website. I noticed a couple of Lexus cars there recently.
Certainly worth a look.

Frank

Old 01-18-2010, 06:17 AM

5,743 posts, read 17,602,968 times
You say you want local. . . . but if you were willing to change your mind. . . . . I bought a BMW M3 from these guys 5 years ago and was really pleased with the transaction. They have a huge selection of high end luxury as well as exotics. I flew to Houston and drove it home.

Expo Motorcars: Homepage - Take the ride of your dreams! Bentley | Ferrari | Lamborghini | Mercedes-Benz | Jaguar | Porsche | BMW | Lexus | Land Rover | Maserati | Aston Martin | HUMMER

Old 01-18-2010, 09:57 AM

The major auction around here is in Greensboro so you might want to expand to there as well if you are looking for a deal. If you are looking for a solid car then I would by from a reputable dealer that people are mentioning and not worry about a few hundred dollars on a large purchase such as a car. But you haven't answered the question, does the price matter more than the car?

Old 01-18-2010, 11:10 AM

1,335 posts, read 3,149,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike052082 View Post
But you haven't answered the question, does the price matter more than the car?
Sorry, I did not know the question was asked

No, I'd rather get a solid car, and I'm not worried about a couple hundred dollars here or there, and I'm happy pay a fair price for a solid car. Price matters in the sense that I have a budget that I need to live within.

FWIW, I went to Anchor, and while I appreciate the recommendation, I was not impressed with them. They seemed more in the niche of 5-15K cars, and the one I drove needed to be jump started, and the alignment was WAY off. When I asked him about it, his reply was that they'd fix it if someone put some money down on the car. Not the experience I was looking for in buying a car. I thanked them, and politely went elsewhere. (And FWIW, their prices were "great", but I think it was a matter of getting what you paid for, and to the original question, I'd rather pay more and get a solid car, or pay the same, and get a solid car of lesser original value, but I don't want a high-end car at a bargain rate. If it sounds too good to be true, it usually is, if that makes sense.)

Thanks for the suggestions, please keep them coming.

Old 01-18-2010, 11:37 AM

69 posts, read 172,717 times
I bought a motorcycle from KMA on Western. I know a lot about the specific bike I was after and the owner of the place was honest with me (he was selling it for a friend, normally it's just cars there) but they didn't have any luxury cars. The bike needed a lot of work (it was being sold for parts) but I got it cheap and have been very happy with the transaction and the bike.

The other option is if you have an independent mechanic you like that works on luxury cars contact them and see if any of their clients have cars for sale. Some will allow fliers in their waiting area and it's a good way to get a car that's been taken care of.

Old 01-18-2010, 02:57 PM

78 posts, read 353,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickjames193 View Post
The best one hands down is Anchor Auto Sales in Fuquay. They are on 401 South near Wake Tech so they aren't too far from Raleigh. The owner, Husam, really knows his stuff. They have a huge selection (almost 200 cars) and their prices are really good. They do not really negotiate but they are already below everybody else so they don't need too. I just picked up a loaded 2004 Pathfinder (only 50k miles) a couple months ago for a great deal and I can truly say their cars are really clean. I'm definitely going back there again.

I second Anchor Auto. I bought a truck last fall from their Fayetteville Rd. location, near Garner. Excellent experience, very friendly, and good prices. It did need some work, but I knew that beforehand, and they disclosed what was needed clearly.

Last edited by Daytrepper; 01-18-2010 at 03:18 PM..

Old 01-18-2010, 03:14 PM

If 15K is your range then Chip has some stuff for you but his lot isn't huge but really is hand selected. If you are going higher than that on the price then check out Ultimate Imports between Brier Creek and Durham on HWY 70. I don't know if they have a website but Chip does (Atlantic Auto Exchange).

Sorry your experience with Anchor wasn't a good one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary