Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-26-2009, 07:05 AM

107 posts, read 312,056 times

Advertisements

I am considering a home in the area and did not notice much airplane noise during my visit. I know this is a no go for many people but I wonder how residents find the traffic and noise or is it something you just get used to?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2009, 10:03 AM

6,297 posts, read 16,103,904 times
Apparently, if they still live there, they are used to it, right?

If they didn't like it, I would guess they'd move, right?

I could never live anywhere that had jet noise. I know I would never get used to it.

I think the question is to determine what noise level you can handle.

Maybe this will help: http://www.rduaircraftnoise.com/nois...ighttrack.html
Q&A: http://www.rduaircraftnoise.com/noiseinfo/qanda.html

Old 12-28-2009, 09:21 AM

214 posts, read 695,639 times
The flight patterns change based on time of day and weather, so you cant just drop by and get a good representation of the noise.

I lived even closer to RDU for a while and after a few days I never noticed the planes when I was inside, but it did get annoying sometimes when I was outside, particularly sometimes in early evening when a ton of flights come in, it would be difficult just to hold a conversation or talk on the phone outside. But in general, I would place the annoyance leve of this vastly lower than my old neighbor's barking dog, so for me personally its not an issue.

I did want to make a comment about McCrimmon at the Park because I actually looked closely at this neighborhood. Its a little difficult to word this carefully, but I generally walk around a neighborhood I am considering to get a feel of it and I got the most strange, unfreindly treatment here that I have ever received. Every other neighborhood in which I have done this, everyone out walking around would be freindly and try to make me feel welcome and tell me how great the neighborhood is. This neighborhood or at least the street of single family houses I looked at, as far as I could tell, is made up entirely of one immigrant/ethnic group and they went out of there way to make me feel unwelcome and out of place - people would ignore me if I said hi, and while my family and I and the sales agent (which anyone living there would certainly know) were walking through a house under construction, a group of about 5 men walked over across the street and stood there glaring at us for a good 10 minutes without saying a word until we left. I ended up buying a house in a different neighborhood in which probably half the residents are of this same ethnic group and they have been extremely freindly and welcoming, so I believe the people in McCrimmon at the Park are trying to sort of self-segregate themselves so I would hope you make sure that community is a good fit for you before you buy there.

Good luck!

Old 12-28-2009, 09:33 AM

189 posts, read 508,051 times
The main road going through the neighborhood will eventually connect and become a commuting road to RTP. You may want to take a closer look at the roads, 540 location. There are quite a few renters, especially in the Town homes section.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary