Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2009, 05:57 PM

206 posts, read 747,526 times

Advertisements

Considering these 2 neighborhoods. Is there a big difference in the commute time to Duke Medical Center? Commute times will be 6am and 7pm if that makes a difference. Also anyone have an opinion on why one area may be better than the other? We have a 6 month old and 2 year old which is why we are considering these types of neighborhoods. Thanks for any input!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2009, 07:06 PM

1,994 posts, read 5,967,042 times
Bedford will be about 45 min, unless you get hung up in traffic. Not a fun commute in my book, Falls of the Neuse is a pain in the butt in the evening.

Old 09-03-2009, 07:42 PM

2,834 posts, read 12,042,354 times
I would say the commute from west lake wouldn't be much better............if it is the same place I am thinking about (southern wake county).

Leigh

Old 09-04-2009, 11:18 AM

9 posts, read 29,969 times
I commute from West Lake to northern Durham - 45 mins in the morning if I leave by 6:45, upto 1:15 in the evening depending on traffic. Duke Med Center would roughly be about the same (my wife did some time in her residency at Durham VA up there).

Old 09-04-2009, 11:51 AM

363 posts, read 1,213,303 times
Bedford falls of neuse traffic won't hurt you at those times. I usually leave RTP after 6:30pm and it's fine all the way. If I leave at 5:30pm it's a nightmare. Again in the morning at 7am things are smooth, by 8am it's tanked up. Given your hours you should be fine with the commute

Old 09-04-2009, 01:29 PM

2,586 posts, read 9,110,313 times
You could find plenty of very family-friendly neighborhoods MUCH closer to DUMC that would afford you more house for the money, a much shorter commute & thus much more quality time to spend with your young children.

Old 09-04-2009, 02:00 PM

635 posts, read 1,618,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdp_az View Post
You could find plenty of very family-friendly neighborhoods MUCH closer to DUMC that would afford you more house for the money, a much shorter commute & thus much more quality time to spend with your young children.
Probably not what you want to hear, but I totally agree! If the schools are scaring you away, don't listen to the naysayers!!

Old 09-07-2009, 09:03 AM

133 posts, read 331,555 times
Keep in mind that the 540 extension; that will include access from Holly Springs, has begun and will be done in a couple of years. From the Park at West Lake and all of the neighborhoods in the SE Cary, Holly Springs, Apex area, it will make a HUGE difference and probably increase property values. I commute to RTP now from that area and it really isn't that bad and there are a number of different ways to go. It is about 19 miles from my house to my office in RTP...take me 30 min on average in the morning.

Old 09-07-2009, 01:59 PM

3,021 posts, read 11,065,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryBean View Post
Keep in mind that the 540 extension; that will include access from Holly Springs, has begun and will be done in a couple of years.
This will be a toll road, right? Has anyone heard how much the toll will be?

Old 09-07-2009, 02:14 PM

393 posts, read 674,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trayandtom View Post
Considering these 2 neighborhoods. Is there a big difference in the commute time to Duke Medical Center? Commute times will be 6am and 7pm if that makes a difference. Also anyone have an opinion on why one area may be better than the other? We have a 6 month old and 2 year old which is why we are considering these types of neighborhoods. Thanks for any input!
We live a few miles away from The Park at West Lake. We can get to Duke in 45 minutes, so it would be a little less from TPAWL. The drive on the southern end is easy as can be and along beautiful country roads. As far as living in this section of the Triangle, it is the most beautiful area in the entire Triangle by far. There are so many families living here, as it is such a quiet and pleasant environment, yet so close to everything in every direction.

You can't go wrong living in this area of the Triangle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary