Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2007, 09:50 PM

3 posts, read 6,933 times

Advertisements

Clayton is only 20 miles south of Downtown Raleigh (theaters resturants) and has a major hwy that runs through it for quick access to Raleigh and the I 40 Beltline(which also runs through Clayton). They are now working on a new loop to the RTP area. Buying now will be a smart investment. Its also quick access to the Famed NC farmers Martket. Flowers Plantation is a large development with Town homes as well as Estate homes (homes from 110k-800k). I purchased a town home (its really a duplex) and is cape cod style looking- but one level. I have 2br 2 ba, its only 3yrs old, has a large deck, open floor plan, great windows, vauted ceiling. Although my developent is not "part of flowers" (mine is called Cottonfield. The builder had an agreement for land purchase and so it sits in it. My home is 980 sq (ours developent also has 1200-1500 sq). They range from 110k-135k. In raleigh, cary, morrisville they would sell for 130-150k. We also have golfcourse less than 4 miles away. Clayton also has a performing arts center. Good schools, safe area, walking trails, lake benson park with boating is 10miles.

Other single family homes in clayton and Cleveland area (another town adj to Clayton) run about 20-50k less than what you would find in Cary/Raleigh and will have less restrictions/taxes and more land. (as they are in Johnston co and not Wake county) (Bio tech companys, Catipiller and other industry in clayon)
12 miles south is Smithfield (large outlet mall on I95 for your quick visits north or south)and the home of Eva Garner museum.

(oh and I am a yankee, came to NC in 1975 (after I got out of the military), I have worked for the Airlines here, MCI (now Verizon), and for various other companies. I have lived in Cary and Greenville NC..so can tell you about them both.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2007, 10:10 PM

3,124 posts, read 12,668,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tadpole View Post
Clayton is only 20 miles south of Downtown Raleigh (theaters resturants) and has a major hwy that runs through it for quick access to Raleigh and the I 40 Beltline(which also runs through Clayton). They are now working on a new loop to the RTP area. Buying now will be a smart investment. Its also quick access to the Famed NC farmers Martket. Flowers Plantation is a large development with Town homes as well as Estate homes (homes from 110k-800k). I purchased a town home (its really a duplex) and is cape cod style looking- but one level. I have 2br 2 ba, its only 3yrs old, has a large deck, open floor plan, great windows, vauted ceiling. Although my developent is not "part of flowers" (mine is called Cottonfield. The builder had an agreement for land purchase and so it sits in it. My home is 980 sq (ours developent also has 1200-1500 sq). They range from 110k-135k. In raleigh, cary, morrisville they would sell for 130-150k. We also have golfcourse less than 4 miles away. Clayton also has a performing arts center. Good schools, safe area, walking trails, lake benson park with boating is 10miles.

Other single family homes in clayton and Cleveland area (another town adj to Clayton) run about 20-50k less than what you would find in Cary/Raleigh and will have less restrictions/taxes and more land. (as they are in Johnston co and not Wake county) (Bio tech companys, Catipiller and other industry in clayon)
12 miles south is Smithfield (large outlet mall on I95 for your quick visits north or south)and the home of Eva Garner museum.

(oh and I am a yankee, came to NC in 1975 (after I got out of the military), I have worked for the Airlines here, MCI (now Verizon), and for various other companies. I have lived in Cary and Greenville NC..so can tell you about them both.
There are many threads here about Clayton and the area. You might want to do a search and see.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary