Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-12-2009, 12:01 PM

215 posts, read 607,395 times

Advertisements

I'm looking at the Hidden Oaks Apartments in Cary and wondering if any of you have some experience there. Is it a decent place or what? From the photos it looks nice, but you never know until you get there.

Also, anyone who has lived at Hidden Oaks, are there any utilities included or no? After I paid rent, car payment and internet for my job I'd be left with $86 only So, I don't think I can do it if there's utilities and all
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2009, 01:16 PM

850 posts, read 4,742,336 times
I do not believe they include utilities. Most communities do not. If any do, it will likely be only cable, sometimes internet and sometimes water. Virtually no community will include electric or gas as it's a variable charge based on usage and a community can lose their shirt easily. I don't think $86 is going to be enough to cover an electric bill, especially in an older community like that.

Old 07-12-2009, 04:36 PM

766 posts, read 1,658,925 times
I would suggest checking out www.apartmentratings.com....I don't think there are any utilities included, maybe water.

Old 07-12-2009, 04:44 PM

4,478 posts, read 11,623,842 times
Sounds like it's time to find a roommate!

Old 07-12-2009, 05:36 PM

766 posts, read 1,658,925 times
I didn't even see the last part of your post. Wow, that is tough. On a tight budget I would say Hidden Oaks is fine. I looked over there years ago and didn't love it, but if that's what I could afford I would have stayed there.

I was wondering if you are going to be able to make the 3 x the rent they usually require. Maybe it is only 2 x the rent (I hope).

Are you able to get a part time job or anything to help out with expenses? There are some places that I know include all utilities, but I think you have to share common areas. Hopefully someone else may know something. Have you checked Craigslist?

Old 07-13-2009, 01:13 PM

220 posts, read 866,561 times
Hidden Oaks is lovely, from what I hear. I had a friend who lived there about a year ago, and she never had any problems. That area in Cary is nice, generally.
Also, if it's that tight, I would look into a roommate situation. Or sometimes places close to a campus have cheaper housing... good luck
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary