Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2009, 04:45 AM

4,268 posts, read 11,470,949 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Raleigh_Guy View Post
It was a great show. She did quite a few songs from the Runaways.

The crowd was massive!
Massive is an understatement! It was sooooo crowded, we were packed in like a tin of sardines. The music was good but it was so uncomfortable being elbowed, pushed. We had people who had WAY too much to drink pushing past us trying to move closer to the stage, one guy spilled his beer all over me. The air was stagnant, we felt like we were in a sauna with 12,000 others!

On the positive side, we really enjoy this area. The entire block around Moore's Square is a lively place and generally, a fun place to walk around, grab a bite to eat etc.

Last edited by ljd1010; 07-12-2009 at 05:25 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2009, 05:16 AM

3,324 posts, read 8,599,027 times
Ahh the days when I didn't have a 7 month old son. I miss not being able to do things on a whim anymore...

Old 07-12-2009, 06:02 AM

9,848 posts, read 30,371,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljd1010 View Post
Massive is an understatement! It was sooooo crowded, we were packed in like a tin of sardines. The music was good but it was so uncomfortable being elbowed, pushed. We had people who had WAY too much to drink pushing past us trying to move closer to the stage, one guy spilled his beer all over me. The air was stagnant, we felt like we were in a sauna with 12,000 others!

On the positive side, we really enjoy this area. The entire block around Moore's Square is a lively place and generally, a fun place to walk around, grab a bite to eat etc.

Yeah it was tight! My wife and I go there at 7:30 and found a great spot off to the side of the stage on a little sliver of land next to a walkway that was slightly elevated. We had a few chairs to stake out are spot and it gave us a great view of the stage. Sadly I have no skill at taking night pictures but here are a few random shots from the event.

Porta Johns!

The view from where we found a spot

Joan Jett on stage

Afterwards we grabbed a beer at Sitti

Old 07-12-2009, 06:21 AM

4,268 posts, read 11,470,949 times
Nice pics! We were on the opposite side of the stage from you...also on the corner of the walkway but close to the entrance on Blount St. We were there by 7:40 - it wasn't too crowded initially and at that point, we had a great view of the opening band form CH. By the time Joan Jett came out, we were totally squished and our view was pretty obscured. I will say it was a great people watching venue. All ages, all kinds. When we left, there were throngs of people just waiting to get in the gate.

Old 07-12-2009, 09:56 AM

2,086 posts, read 7,663,986 times
We got there around 8 and hung out by the cornhole for awhile before jumping into all the chaos to get closer to the stage. We stuck around crammed in the locker-room smelling stale air for about three songs before I had enough. After navigating the maze of beer corral fencing, we finally found our way back out of Moore Square and listened to a few more songs on Blount St in front of Tir Na Nog. When we exited Moore Square they were not letting anyone else in - something I have never seen at a Downtown Live concert before. Had enough of the crowd experience when it started to rain a bit and headed to the air conditioned, non-crowded relief of Busy Bee.

One thing is for sure, ALL of downtown Raleigh was busy and alive last night.

Old 07-12-2009, 10:43 AM

1,561 posts, read 5,171,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miamiblue View Post
We... hung out by the cornhole for awhile
um, does that mean what i think it means?

Old 07-12-2009, 10:53 AM

646 posts, read 2,057,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GucciLittlePiggie View Post
um, does that mean what i think it means?
It's a game....what do you think it means?

Old 07-12-2009, 11:01 AM

Cornhole (disambiguation)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Cornhole can refer to:

* Cornhole, a game also known as Corn Toss or Bean Bag Toss.
* A slang term for anus (noun) or anal sex (verb)

i guess i learned it as Bean Bag Toss. i only heard of cornhole meaning the second definition

Old 07-12-2009, 11:04 AM

646 posts, read 2,057,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GucciLittlePiggie View Post
Cornhole (disambiguation)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Cornhole can refer to:

* Cornhole, a game also known as Corn Toss or Bean Bag Toss.
* A slang term for anus (noun) or anal sex (verb)
Well....so you knew it was a game often played in the area (especially at tail-gates) and you choose to assume something else?

Humm.....

Old 07-12-2009, 11:04 AM

no i just looked it up on wikipedia after you said it was a game
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary