Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2007, 04:17 PM

13 posts, read 124,836 times

Advertisements

I'm reposting this with correct property description in the title (guess you don't call it "Sun City" like we do in CA):

My husband and I are planning to spend 5-6 months each year in the Cary area, and the remainder of the time will be spent at our existing home in Northern California. We currently live in the California foothills on ten acres. We love living here, but our son and his family are being transferred to Cary and we want to be close to them for at least part of the year.

We were thinking of buying a home in a 55+ community such as Carolina Preserve but don't know how we will like having such close neighbors after 25 years of living on ten acres. So we thought that perhaps we could rent a home in one for the first year to see how we like it. If it works for us, then we could either buy the rental, or buy a new home in a different area.

Another reason for looking at a 55+ home is because we will be leaving it, fully furnished, for 5-6 months each year and our thought is that it would be safer than just buying a standard home in a subdivision elsewhere. What are your thoughts on that. Of course, we would have the house alarmed for when we are in CA.

So has anyone ever heard of rentals available in Carolina Preserve? Who would we contact to find something like that?

(Thanks, Desdemona123, for the property name clarification. This board has been very helpful so far)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2007, 04:24 PM

2,834 posts, read 12,030,382 times
Right now there are 4 homes for rent at carolina preserve (meaning there are 4 homes listed in the trianglemls for rent!). They range in price from 1200-2000 a month. It looks like a couple of them (at least 2, maybe 3) are brand new home that were purchased and are now being rented.

Moderator cut: Realtor Solicitation

Old 04-14-2007, 08:52 PM

3,124 posts, read 12,664,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daffodil View Post
I'm reposting this with correct property description in the title (guess you don't call it "Sun City" like we do in CA):

(Thanks, Desdemona123, for the property name clarification. This board has been very helpful so far)
No problem. Glad I could help. For the life of me I just couldn't figure it out so thought I'd ask!

However, do they actually call the Carolina Preserve at Amberly 'Sun City' in the marketing they are doing in CA for it? That seems so...well...odd.

Old 03-09-2008, 10:11 PM

4 posts, read 23,576 times
Hi. Yes there are rentals. the office/showroom has a list already for you with the names and addresses and prices. there are occasionally listings with local realtors, but so far we have been checking the list from the sales office monthly. (the sales office has the list of rentals)Most of the rentals include the HOA and that includes a fabulous 60K square ft amazing clubhouse; fitness, two pools indoor and out; bocci; game rooms; reading rooms; downstairs big screen tv; too much to list ...hope I am not too late writing to you with this info...we hope to move my parents there by June!

Old 01-17-2010, 09:20 PM

1 posts, read 9,622 times
Default Any Carolina Preserve Rental??

Hi my mom is looking to move back to the Cary area- is anyone renting in the Carolina Preserves?

Old 06-05-2010, 09:45 PM

2 posts, read 17,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desdemona123 View Post
No problem. Glad I could help. For the life of me I just couldn't figure it out so thought I'd ask!

However, do they actually call the Carolina Preserve at Amberly 'Sun City' in the marketing they are doing in CA for it? That seems so...well...odd.
There are many Del Webb Retirement Communities in California that are NOT Sun Cities. Sun Cities have golf courses. The communities without golf courses have other names.

Old 08-05-2010, 12:51 PM

2 posts, read 17,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbeeler View Post
Hi my mom is looking to move back to the Cary area- is anyone renting in the Carolina Preserves?
Yes, go to the sales office. they have a list of people who are renting homes. We have rented one ourselves while our home is being built.

Old 08-14-2010, 02:25 PM

19 posts, read 51,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatDO View Post
Yes, go to the sales office. they have a list of people who are renting homes. We have rented one ourselves while our home is being built.
May I ask how much was rent and how did you like community or did you actually move there?

George

Old 08-16-2010, 06:41 AM

1 posts, read 8,500 times
Hi,

My wife and I are looking to rent a home in the Carolina Preserve this winter from December to March or April because we would like to try out this community lifestyle.

Please forward any information to my email address. It is Moderator cut: NOT a good idea to post your private information on a public message board!

Thankyou for your help.

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 08-16-2010 at 06:54 AM..

Old 02-16-2017, 12:05 AM

1 posts, read 2,766 times
Is there a house I can rent in Carolina Preserve? I also have two yorkies so do you accept dogs? I now live in Burlington, NC and my husband passed away several years ago and son and wife and children live in Clayton so I was thinking about moving closer to them. I am not sure where I want to be so I thought a rental may be good to get a feel of the area. Just let me know if you have anything? My house just sold and I have until end of March so I am desperately trying to find a place to live if I can't find a home to buy. I think I read you rent month to month which would be good for me in case house comes on market that I like. Thank you so much.

Thanks
DJ
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary