Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-15-2009, 12:48 PM

2 posts, read 5,764 times

Advertisements

Any one have a reco for swimming pool maintenance in Durham. Rising Sun is the name I see most often but I've heard mixed reviews. Bought a home with an inground pool I need to keep in shape.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2009, 01:28 PM

363 posts, read 1,213,116 times
We use Elite Pool Care, not sure where they are based. I have to admit we didn't even shop around so I am sure we are overpaying but have to say they do a great job and we never have any issues, plus they are on call like 24/7 and whenever we have had a problem have come out very quickly. They charge us $55 a week which I am sure is steep but I like the lack of headaches

Old 06-15-2009, 08:02 PM

2 posts, read 6,398 times
Highly recommend Summerwind Pool and Spa in Chapel Hill. Lovely folks- very happy with their service over last few years and the prior homeowner used them too. Great service and honest, reliable.

Old 08-13-2009, 12:35 PM

4,284 posts, read 5,945,380 times
Default What services do they perform?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma91pmh View Post
.......... They charge us $55 a week which I am sure is steep but I like the lack of headaches ..........
Having been the owner of an inground pool since 1987 I have always been curious what Pool Maintenance companies do for their clients.

Chemical additions and vacuuming seem the most likely, but how often?

Chemical balancing can be nearly automated. Vacuuming is a 30 minute pain in the rear, but unless the pool is covered you would need vacuuming daily. How often do these companies appear on site to do their work?

We manually skim our pool prior to each use, vacuum once or twice each week (depending on usage) Add a scoop of chlorine after each use or heavy rain, and check the water balance weekly. pH usually only needs adjustment once or twice per season, and the other water properties less often than that!

Maybe I need to investigate this as a potential post retirement career?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary