Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2009, 06:54 AM

3 posts, read 10,851 times

Advertisements

We loved Bella Italia in WF...after trying to find something close to NY pizza I found this one fairly comparable. Will have to try La Foresta!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2009, 07:25 AM

271 posts, read 700,543 times
Being from NYC. I get a little Skeptical of Pizza Places naming everything on their Menu after Towns in NYC as being authentic. I think its kind of Tacky.

The Closest Thing to NYC Style Pizza since I been down here is Orignal NY Pizza

Old 05-13-2009, 12:16 PM

88 posts, read 189,512 times
The guys are from Queens, you should try talking to them. Good guys, and they make cannoli the right way, no filling in the pastry until it's ordered!!!

Old 05-13-2009, 12:18 PM

88 posts, read 189,512 times
Plus, they've got Snapple AND Orangina!!! That combination is only found "up there"!! When I saw those in the cooler, I thought I was back in NJ...minus the pollution, 8 hour drive, potholes and high strung people.

Old 05-13-2009, 02:51 PM

140 posts, read 419,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silv333 View Post
Plus, they've got Snapple AND Orangina!!! That combination is only found "up there"!! When I saw those in the cooler, I thought I was back in NJ...minus the pollution, 8 hour drive, potholes and high strung people.
I noticed that too, not many places have snapple. Too funny... Forget Jersey, we have the best here, good food, good weather, good people. Who has is better than this.

Old 05-21-2009, 06:20 AM

8,159 posts, read 10,918,550 times
We ate a cheese pizza the other night at Fuhgeddaboutit and loved it. I realize that folks have different opinions as to what a good pizza should taste like, but this one was just like we like. "Strokes for folks I guess" They didn't have iced tea, and the air conditioning was way too cool for our liking..."it was cold enough in there to kill hogs" Other than that Fuhgeddaboutit gets a thumb up It's close to home, and we'll be back very soon. Thanks for the tip.

Old 05-25-2009, 03:20 PM

941 posts, read 2,302,503 times
One thing for sure they had the NY price right $6.00 for two small dry slices. The girl at the register told me I'd be hooked, yeah right! I told her I'm from Jersey 10 mins from Manhattan and I know good pizza! Never been back there since and have no desire to, Schiano's on Strickland Rd tastes much better to me. Just because you have poster's of NY in your pizza joint does'nt make your pizza taste like your there!

Old 05-25-2009, 06:17 PM

646 posts, read 2,049,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silv333 View Post
You can get those two things at many places...what is special about Snapple and Orangina?

Old 12-03-2009, 02:25 PM

154 posts, read 389,403 times
I've noticed the Fuhgeddaboutit going in in the corner of the Millpond shopping ctr at KF and 1010. Can't wait to try it. I'm assuming it will be run better than Tony C's was?

Original NY Pizza, Cozzolino's and Rudinos are all within about 5-10 min of my house. Fuhgedd.. will be even closer. I should never have to even think about Papa Johns again unless my wife gets a craving for the cheese sauce.

flamtap

Old 12-03-2009, 04:56 PM

161 posts, read 581,200 times
Is there anywhere around here to get NY Style Pizza like they have at the fair? That is my favorite kind. I only saw one NY Style pizza vendor at the state fair. They used to have them all over the place at the Dixie Classic Fair.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary