Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-02-2007, 01:39 PM

193 posts, read 245,701 times

Advertisements

First of all the question in the thread title is rhetorical, but it seems to me like most of the new home communities in the Triangle are either sub $300k or over $500k (or at least pretty close to $500k). There just isn't a lot in the middle. Am I wrong?

Last edited by HookEmHorns; 04-02-2007 at 01:48 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2007, 01:48 PM

2,834 posts, read 12,040,544 times
In wake forest (and a couple in rolesville area) the following new construction neighborhoods exist in that price range (some are at the end of their construction, others in the middle, etc)

Bishops Grant
Bowling Green
Cedar Lakes
Crescent Ridge
Devonshire
Heritage
Porto Fino
twin creeks at olde mill stream
Thornrose
Shearon Farms
Stonegate
Wakefield

More than you thought probably!

Leigh

Old 04-02-2007, 02:36 PM

35 posts, read 115,491 times
Default Build on your lot

I am a Custom Home Builder in Raleigh NC and would love to talk to you about your project. Being that you are trying to set a price for your home, requires a set plan and fixed cost, ahead of time to meet your needs. Building on your own lot is perfect. There is great markup when a builder owns the land. If you own it , then you save that markup.
Let me know if I can help you more.
Daniel Brant

Old 04-02-2007, 03:01 PM

5,743 posts, read 17,613,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leighbhe View Post
In wake forest the following new construction neighborhoods exist in that price range

Crescent Ridge
Devonshire
Devonshire and Crescent Ridge are actually over $400K now. I tried getting in these neighborhoods a few months ago under $400K and was met with little interest from the builder and listing agents.

Old 04-02-2007, 03:31 PM

237 posts, read 1,029,975 times
We bought our house new construction this past September in that price range. We are selling already and since we haven't been in the house too long, our house is still in your price range and only 6 mos old. PM me if you want more details.

Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HookEmHorns View Post
First of all the question in the thread title is rhetorical, but it seems to me like most of the new home communities in the Triangle are either sub $300k or over $500k (or at least pretty close to $500k). There just isn't a lot in the middle. Am I wrong?

Old 04-02-2007, 09:39 PM

2,376 posts, read 2,937,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leighbhe View Post
In wake forest (and a couple in rolesville area) the following new construction neighborhoods exist in that price range (some are at the end of their construction, others in the middle, etc)

Bishops Grant
Bowling Green
Cedar Lakes
Crescent Ridge
Devonshire
Heritage
Porto Fino
twin creeks at olde mill stream
Thornrose
Shearon Farms
Stonegate
Wakefield

More than you thought probably!

Leigh

Dansforth (by Centex) in Wake Forest is also in that price range. Starts in the upper $200's/low $300's and goes to $500K+.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary