Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2009, 09:12 PM

4,182 posts, read 4,899,719 times

Advertisements

I'm looking for someone to install two additional commercial size gutter downspouts on my home and to come clean out the second story gutters a few times a year on a regular schedule.

I prefer someone who does this type of work for a living and has the proper insurance coverage instead of someone just doing it as a side job for the extra cash without any insurance.

Any recommendations would be much appreciated.

Thanks....!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2009, 07:43 AM

532 posts, read 2,847,824 times
For the downspouts, many here on C-D recommended Allen & Deans 919-255-1585. We used them earlier this month to convert a couple 2x3s to 3x4s and they added a 3x4. I like the fact that they were honest about what we really needed and did not try to convince us that we needed to replace every downspout. Matt Maresh is the owner and Henry Kopp came out to give us a quote. Once we decided, they were out in a few days. The work was down within an hour and the site was cleaned up. Good job and very reasonably priced, licensed and insured.

For the gutter cleaning, again members of C-D came through with another great recommendation, Major League Gutters - Pete Weist 919-783-4271. Pete was able to give me an estimate over the phone and said he'd be in our area the next day (first time). Now we call him annually to schedule the cleaning. Fortunately, we don't have any pine trees with needles plugging up our gutters like so many people have. My neighbors have to have all their gutters cleaned at least twice a year because of messy pine trees. Pete does a great job and is licensed, bonded and insured!!

Old 04-19-2009, 08:59 AM

4,182 posts, read 4,899,719 times
Thanks cstleddy...I'll check them out.

Old 04-19-2009, 09:26 PM

7,174 posts, read 4,763,368 times
Go over to Home Depot and look in the section where they have gutter guards. You can buy guards that will prevent you from ever having to clean your gutters, and they're not expensive.

There are two different kinds, one a tighter weave if you've got pine needles. They're white in color, and snap into place.

My neighbor recommended them, and I went over there and got some. Haven't had to clean gutters since.
best,
toodie
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary