Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2009, 09:28 PM

105 posts, read 364,601 times

Advertisements

Single mother of 3,Im african american and my kids are 1/4 caucasian but looks more like 1/2...this is an important factor for me as well, I have had problems with their race before in the past at a previous school that was minority dominating. looking to move by the end of the summer...I go to raleigh quite often, I love the country feel of knightdale. I was wondering about the schools and crime in that area. they say you dont know a city until u lived in it. I need all the info I can get. Im looking to rent at first and then maybe buy. rent range up to $1100 home range 150-225k
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2009, 04:33 AM

55 posts, read 233,103 times
Hi, I am also a mother of 4 bi racial kids, We have been living in raleigh/knightdale for 6 months now. Our physical address is raleigh but when you leave our apartment entrance we are in knightdale, The kids are in school in knightdale because of this. I think the schools they are in are wonderful and very diverse, We moved here from CT and compared to the schools there we couldnt be happier. We live in a complex called Beachwood park apts. Welcome to Beachwood Park Townhomes ~ A Rental Community, check out the website and give them a call if you like it, The office staff are wonderful and rent is very reasonable. There are lots of children here also , but its still a quiet neighborhood very family friendly and they also accept pets if you have/want one. Our location is perfect just every store and restaurant you could want is within 2 miles either directions. I also have an older child in the middle school and I am very pleased with this school as well. There have been no issues with race at either of the schools. I visited them before we enrolled and I didnt expect there to be, It seems to be a non issue to me around here. Maybe I am naive but I just dont see it. If you have more questions PM me, I will answer whatever you want to know.

Old 02-19-2009, 09:06 PM

105 posts, read 364,601 times
thanks I have looked at those townhomes before. I will keep that in mind. I was in Knightdale the other day looking around as well, I know it sounds crazy but I always go to Nail Spa just to get my nails done lol

Old 02-19-2009, 09:48 PM

6,298 posts, read 16,119,299 times
Raleigh.

Old 02-20-2009, 04:01 PM

80 posts, read 271,083 times
Planters Walk is in that price point and is super nice! I just sold someone a home in that neighborhood and she is thrilled! It has a real woodsy feel with pathways to the community pool and playground.
Good luck

Old 02-22-2009, 05:38 PM

14 posts, read 65,497 times
Knightdale. I have lived her for the past nine/ten years in a very diverse neighborhood: races, ages, political beliefs, etc. We have been very pleased and think the area is going to continue to grow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary