Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-13-2009, 06:25 AM

355 posts, read 958,699 times

Advertisements

Can anyone recommend a good tailor that's not terribly expensive. Preferably someone on the western side of Raleigh not too far from the Crabtree Mall, although I'll go farther for someone reliable.

Who would you trust making alterations to a nice sportcoat and a suit?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2009, 06:30 AM

1,049 posts, read 3,792,954 times
I really like the tailor at Brier Creek, if you ever go that way. She's always been spot on with my things and with my husband's uniforms. They're located right beside the bicycle shop.

Old 01-13-2009, 09:31 AM

104 posts, read 377,444 times
Sorry to hijack, but I am similarly looking for a good seamstress to tailor an expensive wedding gown. I am deathly afraid someone will screw it up.

Old 01-13-2009, 12:04 PM

836 posts, read 3,472,047 times
I used Krystyna's Tailor Shop in Cary on Kildaire Farm Road for my wedding dress, which was made of very filmy, slippery material, so I was worried too, especially since she was cutting off the train for me. But she did a great job and I was very happy.

Old 01-13-2009, 10:24 PM

86 posts, read 220,975 times
The tailor outside JC Penney at Southpoint Mall is consistently voted the Best in the Triangle, and I agree.

Old 01-14-2009, 09:22 AM

17 posts, read 113,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingpiggy View Post
The tailor outside JC Penney at Southpoint Mall is consistently voted the Best in the Triangle, and I agree.
That's Lee Tailor, I use them frequently and they do a great job. Also very friendly - it seems like their shop is a neighborhood gathering spot. They seem to know a lot of their customers by name, and people are always "running into" each other there and stopping to catch up.

I also used the Lee location at Crabtree Valley Mall when I worked out there, and was happy with them as well. Not sure if this the same ownership/franchise? They all seem to have the "#1 Tailor" sign.

I've used several other tailors, and have always come back to Lee, even though it's quite a drive from where I live now.

Old 01-14-2009, 09:32 AM

357 posts, read 1,384,622 times
There is also Duke's Tailor located right near Crabtree as well - on Creedmoor Rd. right behind Circuit City. I had my wedding dress altered there and she did a wonderful, very careful job. My husband has also had some sport coats altered there and has been very happy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary