Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2009, 06:32 PM

44 posts, read 138,173 times

Advertisements

[SIZE=3]I will be moving to Clayton in mid June. I am planning to visit in early May to find a home to rent (will be looking primarily in Riverwood, Flowers Plantation, and Glen Laurel). I have a daughter who will be starting 1st grade in Fall 2009. Since I won’t know where I’ll be living until my trip in May, I cannot register her for school until then.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Can anybody please tell me whether May will be too late for elementary school registration for Fall 2009? Also, will my daughter need to be physically present in order to be registered? [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]I am trying to time my visit in the Spring so that it’s late enough that most homes that will be available in June will be on the market but want to avoid starting a lease months before I am ready to move. I am thinking early May but am flexible and could come in April if that is better for school registration purposes or for better home inventory. Your advice will be greatly appreciated.[/SIZE]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2009, 06:36 PM

44 posts, read 138,173 times
Sorry - I don't know why that message came out funny but thanks in advance for your input.

Old 01-04-2009, 09:18 PM

431 posts, read 1,339,238 times
I dont think so.......I was there after Thanksgiving and got all the paperwork.....we're moving there this Thursday......the closing came alot faster than expected and I havent gotten the paperwork yet back to them.....my kids will be going to riverdell elem and archer lodge ms and I was told at both that I could get them the papers months in advance and they'd get the ball rolling and once we were finally there then it would be processed or to get it to them when we were ready to enroll.....they are really good there and I dont think either way it will be an issue...

As to your daughter needing to be there, I dont believe so......I did take the boys to the school for a walk thru so we all could see the schools but they didnt do anything more than that.....

I cant believe we'll be there for good in days......its amazing......

good luck

Suzanne

Old 01-05-2009, 04:47 AM

223 posts, read 567,235 times
You won't be able to register your child until you have proof of residency somewhere. That would include a signed lease, purchase and sale or utility bill. Otherwise, you can register when you need to. I think registering too far in advance makes the likelihood of losing paperwork greater. Just make sure you meet all the other requirements for registration like updated immunizations, birth certificate, etc so y ou are ready ,and for kids who have been in another school, the address of the former school so they can request records. For older kids like middle or HS age, the last report card is very helpful in terms of assigning them prior to getting the school records.

Old 01-05-2009, 07:15 AM

516 posts, read 1,889,814 times
We registered our son the week before Christmas break, and he just started today - the first day back from break.

Old 01-05-2009, 10:04 AM

26 posts, read 80,601 times
If they're not starting until August '09, registering them in June or July should not be a problem. We didn't get my sons kind. teacher info until mid August.

K
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary