Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2009, 10:03 PM

2 posts, read 9,525 times

Advertisements

Hi, I am looking for a good part-time preschool for my almost 2 yr. old son. We are in the Morrisville area but dont mind something in Cary too.I have been looking at Goddard and Primrose but want a few more options. I do not mind church affliated schools as long as they are good. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2009, 05:58 AM

5,743 posts, read 17,610,129 times
We looked at Little Pros the other day and were very impressed. Only problem is that they don't take infants part time, so we'll need to look elsewhere. They have 2 locations: One in Morrisville (54 @ Aviation) and one in Cary (Cary Pkwy @ Tryon). They have lots of active playtime (e.g., outdoors as well as an indoor gym).

Old 01-02-2009, 06:10 AM

95 posts, read 328,079 times
Country Sunshine on Avent Ferry Rd is where Id recommend. They are more "personalized" with the kids than any other places we looked at.

Old 01-02-2009, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie Holland Willis Jr View Post
Country Sunshine on Avent Ferry Rd is where Id recommend. They are more "personalized" with the kids than any other places we looked at.
We looked at Children's Discovery Center right next door, but missed Country Sunshine. We'll have to go back for a second look. Thanks.

Old 01-02-2009, 07:02 AM

551 posts, read 2,288,477 times
Do most centers accept children on a part-time basis? If so, at what age will they do that?

Thank you.

Old 01-02-2009, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicky View Post
Do most centers accept children on a part-time basis? If so, at what age will they do that?

Thank you.
It all depends on the center. We've found that most of the ones we looked at in our area do not accept infants part time, but there are a few that do. All accepted older children part time. However, some prioritized their waiting list to favor full time children.

Old 01-02-2009, 09:24 AM

850 posts, read 4,742,973 times
Traditional "daycare" centers with part time options will be probably twice the price of an actual "preschool." That's what I found when I was researching preschools. I recommend avoiding them if you can. Many churches have great programs. Registration for most of them begins in February I think. Resurection Lutheran in Cary has a great program. There's also Little Dreamers in Cary that people seem to be pleased with. If you like Montessori, Peace Montessori gets great reviews. Everything else I know is in the Holly Springs area. Good luck!

Old 01-02-2009, 09:50 AM

2,270 posts, read 9,152,226 times
There are a lot of great church affiliated programs in Cary. Registration is generally in January/February for the following school year, so the tours and open houses will be coming up soon. My kids have attended both the Cary YMCA preschool and Christ the King Early Childhood Center, and I highly recommend both, especially for 2-year-olds. The Y program is actually for 2 1/2 year olds, so everyone in the class is born between October and April. CTK's program is for all children 2 by the Wake County School cutoff date (which is changing). I also know people who give First Baptist and First Methodist high marks.

Old 01-02-2009, 10:17 AM

2,697 posts, read 8,700,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Lurk View Post
There are a lot of great church affiliated programs in Cary. Registration is generally in January/February for the following school year, so the tours and open houses will be coming up soon. My kids have attended both the Cary YMCA preschool and Christ the King Early Childhood Center, and I highly recommend both, especially for 2-year-olds. The Y program is actually for 2 1/2 year olds, so everyone in the class is born between October and April. CTK's program is for all children 2 by the Wake County School cutoff date (which is changing). I also know people who give First Baptist and First Methodist high marks.
We had a great experience at First Baptist Cary. My daughter attended as a 3 and 4 year old and my son attended as a two year old. My question to the OP is to define good. Different people are looking for different things. For me, I was interested in my children learning to get along with other children and listening to their teachers in a loving environment. For my two year old I certainly wasn't concerned about academics (honestly he was in preschool so I could have two mornings a week to run errands, not for him). I found that First Baptist Cary placed its emphasis on play although my daughter was certainly well prepared academically for kindergarten. I also liked that they had music every day for 20 minutes.

Old 01-02-2009, 02:54 PM

2 posts, read 9,525 times
Thanks !! Will definitely take a look at these schools!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary