Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2007, 12:55 PM

1,515 posts, read 6,985,924 times

Advertisements

So I found my "ideal house" here at Magnolia Village in Clayton (42 East). Just wondering if anyone had any feedback on the place. Its through Centrex homes which I heard nothing but good things about. The house is already built, we walked through it and loved it.

Also, if anyone is in the area and knows a spectacular shortcut to I-40 or 540 in the mornings that will help me avoid hwy 70, you could possibly be my new best friend.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2007, 06:05 AM

214 posts, read 702,160 times
I have only driven by Magnolia Village so can not comment on it. Getting to 540 isn't too bad- drive all the way down Castleberry (next to East Clayton Elementary), turn left onto Covered Bridge, right at the light onto Pritchard (past Riverwood). This turns into Smithfield Road as you cross into Wake County. Follow this for a few miles until you come to 64- Get on 64 for about a mile until you see the exit for 540. Need to be mindful of the time you go this way- 7:15-7:30ish will have heavy traffic by Riverwood because of parents dropping their kids off at the Middle School Not sure if the traffic is as heavy when the Riverwood elementary starts at 8:30 I think. That is the way I go now to Triangle Town Center- much easier. Good luck with your house hunting.

Old 03-02-2007, 07:25 AM

1,515 posts, read 6,985,924 times
Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!
Those directions are most helpful!

Old 03-02-2007, 02:13 PM

567 posts, read 2,142,710 times
I hate to burst your "I've heard nothing but good things about Centex" bubble.... but I encourage you to google "Centex lawsuit" and see what you get.

That is a nice area of Clayton and if you love the house, then go for it. I don't know about the quality of their homes, but do know that they care very little about the surrounding environment and how they contain their water and runoff.

Old 03-02-2007, 04:24 PM

4,975 posts, read 11,701,417 times
We looked in Magnolia Village too when we were house hunting. The houses are nice sized, but the lots seemed awfully small to us. We also liked North Farm in Flowers Plantation. Houses were similarly priced, but the lots were a little bigger. All in all, that whole area is very nice. Good luck with your move!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary