Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-12-2008, 11:32 PM

12 posts, read 194,230 times

Advertisements

Any residents of this area or other locals....

1. How's the crime? (property or major?)

2. Any resturants, grocery, retail stores?

3. Any senior center or other such social centers for seniors?

4. Movie theaters, bowling, other recreational offerings indoors or outdoors?

5. Hospital? If so, what level (trauma 1, 2..etc) or how far to major hospital center?

6. How's the school district? If you don't like the district, can you drive your child into another district that is better?

7. Newer or older homes? Neighborhoods? Or more rural properties?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2008, 08:33 AM

1,032 posts, read 3,439,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wintergreen View Post
Any residents of this area or other locals....

1. How's the crime? (property or major?)

2. Any resturants, grocery, retail stores?

3. Any senior center or other such social centers for seniors?

4. Movie theaters, bowling, other recreational offerings indoors or outdoors?

5. Hospital? If so, what level (trauma 1, 2..etc) or how far to major hospital center?

6. How's the school district? If you don't like the district, can you drive your child into another district that is better?

7. Newer or older homes? Neighborhoods? Or more rural properties?

Thanks
I always think of Franklinton as "far away" - but in reality it really isn't too far from the northern end of Wake Forest.
A lot of growth potential and certainly more rural. I like it because it feels more "southern" than anything I've seen lately in Wake County (and remember I am a transplant.. even if it was 30 years ago I'm still a northerner at heart).

Old 12-13-2008, 09:06 AM

1,277 posts, read 3,551,056 times
Not much out there yet. However, area is growing and you can get lots of house/land for money.

I have a good friend that moved out there and now is having kids. she is hoping more folks move in before school issue b/c there is no comparison with wake forest (wcpss) quality right now (per my friend - complete hereasay on my part). however, there is new development and lots of stuff opening. i think it might just depend on the $$ that continue to head there. If folks leave wake/durham b/c of the value in franklin, then it'll continue to grow.

you can get rural properties, horse, farmland and you can also get gorgeous new construction...my friend heads to wake forest for most shopping, movies, etc. That could just be where she is located...sorry can't be of more help...the area looks beautiful though.

Old 12-13-2008, 09:10 AM

1,032 posts, read 3,439,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeLuvNC View Post
Not much out there yet. However, area is growing and you can get lots of house/land for money.

I have a good friend that moved out there and now is having kids. she is hoping more folks move in before school issue b/c there is no comparison with wake forest (wcpss) quality right now (per my friend - complete hereasay on my part). however, there is new development and lots of stuff opening. i think it might just depend on the $$ that continue to head there. If folks leave wake/durham b/c of the value in franklin, then it'll continue to grow.

you can get rural properties, horse, farmland and you can also get gorgeous new construction...my friend heads to wake forest for most shopping, movies, etc. That could just be where she is located...sorry can't be of more help...the area looks beautiful though.
I really feel out of place when I go to Franklin County... its really different...
Its as if the locals can sense I am a "Yankee."
Still.. one of these days.... I'd love to live there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary