Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2008, 10:02 AM

920 posts, read 2,815,289 times

Advertisements

I have a Honda Accord that needs some simple maintenance. Back home, I take it to a particular dealership that I know and trust. Can you recommend one in the Triangle that's honest and won't treat a little blonde chick like she's an idiot? Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2008, 10:58 AM

2,697 posts, read 8,702,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suncat View Post
I have a Honda Accord that needs some simple maintenance. Back home, I take it to a particular dealership that I know and trust. Can you recommend one in the Triangle that's honest and won't treat a little blonde chick like she's an idiot? Thanks.
We had two Hondas and were very happy with Auto Park Honda in Cary. I'm not sure if that's convenient for you.

Old 12-04-2008, 11:07 AM

1,994 posts, read 5,966,394 times
Crown Honda had a very good service department when they were in Chapel Hill. Don't know if they continued to be good after moving to durham.

I'd never buy a car from them though.

Old 12-04-2008, 11:16 AM

103 posts, read 414,713 times
try an independent shop- a google search should shoot you several options.

Old 12-04-2008, 11:28 AM

1,246 posts, read 4,387,912 times
Home

Wasp Automotive in Durham, NC. This is a wonderful place.

Old 12-04-2008, 11:32 AM

2,586 posts, read 9,109,290 times
We had good experiences at the Honda dealership on Capital Blvd. near Triangle Town Center. Another option may be Tao Auto in Raleigh. They've been around forever and specialize in Honda & Toyota service.

Old 12-04-2008, 11:51 AM

513 posts, read 1,606,129 times
+1 for crown at southpoint. bought mine new there. transmission went out at 67k and the replaced it free of charge. stand up place.

Old 12-04-2008, 11:54 AM

1,395 posts, read 5,088,475 times
I don't reccomend either Crown in Durham or Autopark Honda in Cary.

Autopark had my Accord for 59 days total trying to fix it. My engine light kept coming on and they couldn't figure out why or how to fix it. It was a '03Accord. They'd tell me it was fixed only to have the light come back on within a day or two. The last time I picked it up they said, Oh we had to fix your bumper. It got hooked on a trailer hitch when we were test driving it. I was thoroughly fed up with them. I no longer wanted the vehicle and they gave me a good deal on a new Odyssey and an extra $1K on my trade than indicated for excellent on kbb.com. I don't trust them. They try to get you to do more service than is necessary also. I didn't know better & they said my power steering fluid needed to be drained and filled. I read up on and it power steering fluid in the Accord is supposed to be good for the lifetime of the vehicle.

Also once my husband took his car in for service. He was getting a $300 or $400 service done and needed a ride to Wake Med/Cary just down the road. They do have a shuttle, but apparently no one could drive him that day as they were all out doing something or in training or something. He was so pissed. He ended up walking down. I was there visiting our son in the NICU and he got a ride home with me that day. He ended up writing an email to them and no one ever responded.

We were determined to never go back to Autopark Honda until we got even WORSE service at Crown in Durham if you can believe that's possible.

I had used the email form on Crown's website to try to schedule an appt. No one ever responded so a few days later I called for an appointment. I was told they do not give appointments to just come in. So the next week when I was in Durham doing some errands (I live in Cary mind you) I stopped in about 2 o'clock to get an oil change. I was pretty much ignored when I arrived. When someone finally talked to me I was told they were not taking any more cars in that day. Really? For an oil change? You don't give appointments & yet you stop taking in cars at 2 o'clock in the afternoon? I'm supposed to drive here and hope you by chance are servicing vehicles? Complete crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Our vehicles are still under warranty so we take them to Autopark Honda. I have heard really great things about Tao Auto in Raleigh & Cary tho.

Old 12-04-2008, 12:05 PM

3,501 posts, read 6,171,816 times
I echo the sentiments about both Autopark and Crown. I've never been satisfied with Autopark -- the attitude there is atrocious. And at Crown, they once put on a part that I had not requested or authorized, tried to charge me for it, and then wouldn't let me take my car when I refused to pay that part of the bill. It was the end of the day, they wouldn't be able to remove it until the next day, wouldn't let me take it & bring it back (for fear I'd never come back, I guess), and even the service manager they called at home backed that up. It took me going apesh** in the dealership before I got the charge removed and got to take my car home. I was livid!

Old 12-04-2008, 12:19 PM

920 posts, read 2,815,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdatlas View Post
Home

Wasp Automotive in Durham, NC. This is a wonderful place.
I like their website. It looks like the kind of place you'd expect to meet Click and Clack.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary