Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2007, 05:05 PM

1,263 posts, read 4,962,773 times

Advertisements

I finally made up my mind...after searching and searching...I finally decided on the Centex Home Community in Knightdale...The Point at Amber Ridge...I am officially in CONTRACT...I have a closing date of June 28, 2007...I am excited...I think my commutte to RTP will be fine...I will be traveling along with all the others on I540 or I40 at 6am to RTP...I was just pleased overall with the community, prices, layout, options, and the lot I chose. Thanks to everyone's advice on here, past and present, being new to Raleigh and NC, this board has been very informative. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2007, 06:02 PM

607 posts, read 2,437,329 times
Congradulations!!
Pretty exciting, huh??
Well I wish you the best.
Have you sold your present home??
Liz

Old 02-10-2007, 06:44 PM

fortunately no home to sell...just moved here in November...so...I was ready to buy...thanks for your kind words

Old 02-10-2007, 06:52 PM

359 posts, read 1,843,407 times
Oh wow! Congratulations! Which model did you end up getting. We really like the bayfield. We were hoping to buy resale, but with 7 kids we really need that square footage at that price.

We built where we currently live near KC and had a wonderful experience with a popular local builder. Feel free to keep us updated on your experience. Who knows, we might be neighbors one day lol

Old 02-10-2007, 06:56 PM

359 posts, read 1,843,407 times
I should clarify, We liked the bayfield model which is in Churchill, I think. Don't know much about Amber Ridge- gonna go check it out now. I would still like to know how your overall experience with Centex ends up going, if you don't mind updating every now and then. Thanks a bunch!

Old 02-10-2007, 08:09 PM

Smile updates

I would be happy to give updates...my overall experience so far with Centex has been positive...the only thing that got me was no trees...but I plan on planting a lot on my lot...even evergreens, privets, hedges, etc...I plan on putting some money into private landscaping...I need trees....but its early stages now...we have 4-5 months to get through...I am hoping everything goes smooth... I went with the Asbury model, its the smallest they offer...being a single professional, its all the space I need for now (1,500 sf) Its a two-story plan, 3 bedrooms, 2.5 baths, 1 car garage. I will grow into it nicely and as the area appreciates so will my home...all the homes around the development and around my chosen lot are being built and they are going for 175-200k...I already looked up the 2 homes across thes street, and they were purchased in the high 180's...so my home already will appreciate...the lot I chose was a bigger plot, so putting a smaller home on a larger lot will give me more yard, especially side yards... Does anyone live in this community or planning on this one or maybe in contract as well...so many homes being built in there...it was a zoo there today...so many people buying...

Old 02-11-2007, 01:55 PM

50 posts, read 273,715 times
Well hello neighbor, Me and my wife will be closing on our house at the point at amber ridge on March 19. So far our experiences with Centex has been pretty good other then a small problem with them letting us reserve a lot that wasn't released yet and then trying to tell us that someone else wanted the lot first and had to be called first. Also the office hours are a joke cause the sales ladies are never there during those hours. Those were both problems with one sales person the field manager and the other people with centex have been great. You would be amazed at the number of workers they have out there during the week putting up the houses and they don't leave until after dark most nights. We haven't found any problems so far with the construction and we usually check on the house at least once a week. Me and my wife looked for months at houses and couldn't find what we wanted in our price range until we saw the houses at amber ridge. We got the fairfax model on one of the biggest lots in the community so we will 30 feet to the property line on the side of the house which is alot more then most new homes. Drop us a line when you move in and maybe we can have a cookout or something.

Dan

Old 02-11-2007, 02:13 PM

Thumbs up Hi Neighbor!

Congratulations! and yes, hello neighbor...who knows maybe we will be on the same street...too funny...I attempted to reserve a lot, but the sales office claimed that no reservations are accepted, when the lots open up its first come first serve. On that note, they were really great in calling me 2 days before an additional 4 lots opened up...so I will give them that...I was able to shoot over there last Wednesday and get the lot I wanted. I was there yesterday and went back today, I saw some lots say "reserved" so I am not sure what the story is with the "reserve" "no reserve" I am just happy I got to be where I wanted. I chose a bigger plot as well, and putting the Asbury model on the oversized plot will give me plenty of room on all sides of the house...The only drawback was no trees...but I guess once I close and obtain my survey I can submit a copy to the HOA on where I would like to do some planting...I need trees... What street are you on? I am on Gelfield Road, not sure why they call it a road, its a cul-de-sac, but I am at the beginning of the new street...all the homes around where mine is to be built are all the larger homes, Fairfax, Weatherstone, Cottonhill's...so I think I will be the only Asbury on the street, which is cool. They said they should break ground mid to late march...permits take about a month...after that..it goes pretty quick...so I am excited...I spent more time in Knightdale this am/pm....learning the shopping areas and such...I enjoyed it there, seems quiet, I hope they expand walmart...the walmart there is small...hahaha Thanks for writing and good luck...keep us posted on how everything goes...that's exciting...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary