Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2008, 05:08 AM

5,500 posts, read 10,517,156 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiR View Post
I took clients out to Lennox and we loved the architecture but they got so much more by buying in Heritage.

I'm not a big fan of Brier Creek, in general. It is just a shopping area to me and I'm not impressed with Toll Brothers but then again...it is MY opinion!

Vicki
I don't see why people would want to be surrounded by apartments. Once that area is built out it is going to be packed with people and traffic.

I thought I saw the original plan was to have retail there, but I don't see where they could do it now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2008, 09:18 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,230,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatornation View Post
I don't see why people would want to be surrounded by apartments. Once that area is built out it is going to be packed with people and traffic.

I thought I saw the original plan was to have retail there, but I don't see where they could do it now.
People do seem to like that "urban" feel.

If you cross the street and look at some of the small cottage homes that were built behind Kohls, you feel as though you are part of the shopping center.

I love to shop but I don't want to live IN the shopping center!

I had clients that liked the cottage homes but I told them to go back and see the area at night. They said they'd never be able to sleep because the light from the shopping center was shining into the windows!

To each his own!!!

Vicki

Old 09-18-2008, 01:46 PM

516 posts, read 1,887,711 times
Quote:
...I'm not impressed with Toll Brothers but then again...it is MY opinion!
Just wondering why you're not impressed with Toll Brothers. I've seen a lot of their California communities and absolutely loved them all.

Standard Pacific are pretty top-notch, too, from what I've seen.

Old 09-18-2008, 10:10 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,230,653 times
Toll Brothers is a production builder but people seem to think that they are above the rest. I see that they decorate well but for the price, I'd rather have a custom built house. But that is just my opinion. People PERCEIVE kb homes as being poorly built and Toll Bros is PERCEIVED as being something special and I just don't see it.

I'm not that thrilled with Brier Creek and when TB started the area, they kept building one plan over and over so the entire street looks alike. Then they had issues with mold in their townhouses so again, I wasn't impressed.

Just my opinion.

Vicki

Old 09-18-2008, 10:22 PM

820 posts, read 2,787,022 times
Quote:

If you cross the street and look at some of the small cottage homes that were built behind Kohls, you feel as though you are part of the shopping center.

I had clients that liked the cottage homes but I told them to go back and see the area at night. They said they'd never be able to sleep because the light from the shopping center was shining into the windows!

To each his own!!!

Vicki

That odd, did they see a new place without blinds? I know someone who has a couple of those. I've been in one and never saw any light coming in with the blinds closed, and it was at night. It definitely isn't for everyone but they haven't had much trouble getting people to buy rent in and around the shopping centers and country club.

Old 09-19-2008, 03:46 PM

Quote:

To each his own!!!

Vicki
Unless they build some shops closer to the townhomes it's a stretch to call it urban. You can walk to the Earthfare shopping center which basically has nothing in it. Restaurants go in and shut down shortly after.

If they were to put some retail and restaurants within closer walking distance I could see the appeal with the school and community center there.

The plans I found online don't seem to be what they are doing anymore.
They seem to indicated there will be retail but I'm not sure where they'd put it now.

http://www.raleighnc.gov/portal/server.pt/gateway/PTARGS_0_2_108017_0_0_18/CP-Brier_Creek_Village_Center_Small_Area_Plan-Text.pdf (broken link)

http://www.raleighnc.gov/portal/server.pt/gateway/PTARGS_0_2_108019_0_0_18/CP-Brier_Creek_Village_Center_Small_Area_Plan-Master_Plan-Map.pdf (broken link)

Last edited by Gatornation; 09-19-2008 at 03:55 PM..

Old 09-19-2008, 05:43 PM

68 posts, read 285,713 times
Quote:
Well, I lived in a house until graduating from college, for the next ten years lived in apartmens in NY (Westchester County), now I'm back in a house here in Raleigh. After 3 years here I'm surprised to find out that I prefer the apartment/condo life style, even with all the people and traffic that comes with it.

To each its own!

Old 09-19-2008, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by inniskillin View Post
Well, I lived in a house until graduating from college, for the next ten years lived in apartmens in NY (Westchester County), now I'm back in a house here in Raleigh. After 3 years here I'm surprised to find out that I prefer the apartment/condo life style, even with all the people and traffic that comes with it.

To each its own!
What I meant was I don't see why you'd live in a house/townhouse surrounded by apartments. Of course a dense/urban area makes sense. Brier Creek is not that though.

Old 09-19-2008, 06:35 PM

9,680 posts, read 27,153,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by inniskillin View Post

To each its own!
I'm with you.

Have lived here in apts 20 years and love it.

Old 09-19-2008, 07:10 PM

820 posts, read 2,787,022 times
Quote:
What I meant was I don't see why you'd live in a house/townhouse surrounded by apartments. Of course a dense/urban area makes sense. Brier Creek is not that though.
Well yeah when you compare it to a traditionally dense/urban area. Relative to the triangle however, is a different story. No it's not downtown condo living. No its not the best residential development to happen to the triangle; But enough people like it enough that it's a popular area. To some it's a hassle to some it's a convenience.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary