Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2008, 09:35 AM

93 posts, read 330,497 times

Advertisements

This Centex subdivision is located off of Forestville Rd. and Louisville Rd. Being new to NC and this area, I don't know the area well. Is it considered North Raleigh, and is it a desirable area? Is there anything we should be concerned about if we buy there. We want lots of shopping and amenities close by, but we don't want a lot of noise from possible planes flying overhead or car traffic. What can you all tell me please?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2008, 08:51 AM

249 posts, read 691,891 times
I currently live on the other side of 401k in Brighton Village. My neighborhood connects to the new shopping center and Centex is right across the street from the shopping center.

We have driven through the Centex community and it looks like it will be nice. Just be ready for the possibility of traffic delays in the next few years. 401 is the only road people can take from Rolesville and places farther north so everyone is on that road at rush hour. I read an article in the News and Observer that scared the bejeezes out of me. It said that they are forecasting it to take 20 minutes to get from Mitchell Mill to Perry Creek during rush hour. I cannot fathom that since it is less than a mile apart. But I can imagine traffic will only get worse as they continue to develop around 540.

As far as planes and traffic noise, you should have no issues with that. I never hear any planes and as long as your house is located farther back in the community, you will not hear 401. Also, I would consider this NE Raleigh and I do not feel it is as desirable as North Raleigh, but it is a growing area with a lot of potential. Oh and the test scores for the schools in our neighborhood are downright scary.

So to sum it up, my only gripes are the potential traffic issues in the future and the test scores.

Old 08-15-2008, 04:34 PM

93 posts, read 330,497 times
Thanks so much, Juanvald, for letting me know your thoughts. It is a nice looking area, but the traffic issues won't excite me.

Old 08-17-2008, 06:23 PM

41 posts, read 92,114 times
Default Anyone Else With Opinions ?

We are also looking hard at this Centex property for a townhome.
Any current owners/others have any words of wisdom ?

Old 08-24-2008, 05:49 AM

41 posts, read 92,114 times
Default Anyone ?

Anyone out there ? Realtors..lookers...owners...have any opinion on this project for a townhome in the $140,000 range ? Any better choice on this side of town to consider ?

Old 08-24-2008, 07:18 AM

167 posts, read 566,812 times
In the $140,000 are you planning on doing no upgrades--or what incentives are they offering right now? We just moved into our Peyton Hall townhome which are the same plans as the Highland Creek Townes. I love the floorplans. Make sure you price out your upgrades! We had a really good experience with Centex the whole way through. Any specific questions?

Old 08-24-2008, 11:41 AM

1,032 posts, read 3,436,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenmustard View Post
This Centex subdivision is located off of Forestville Rd. and Louisville Rd. Being new to NC and this area, I don't know the area well. Is it considered North Raleigh, and is it a desirable area? Is there anything we should be concerned about if we buy there. We want lots of shopping and amenities close by, but we don't want a lot of noise from possible planes flying overhead or car traffic. What can you all tell me please?
The term "North Raleigh" is somewhat of a buzz word when it comes to real estate... I think of it more of Northern Wake County vs. North Raleigh..

Old 08-24-2008, 09:46 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,236,574 times
I don't consider Highland Creek in North Raleigh.

There is an imaginary line that stops at Capital Blvd. to those of us that have lived here a long time but I don't know any negative about that n'hood.

Vicki

Old 08-25-2008, 05:58 PM

1,032 posts, read 3,436,299 times
I think Raleigh agreed to take the area in the city limits - its really closer to Rolesville and Wake Forest than North Raleigh.

Old 08-29-2013, 02:34 PM

21 posts, read 32,090 times
Any current info on Highland Creek, Massey Preserve, Braefield communities. Looking for a neighborhood with lots of kids and not too far from stores.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary